User Tools integrated into info pane

ct253

I would find it exceptionally useful to be able to use outside resources more fully in my studies. Namely, I would love to be able to integrate academic articles more fully into my research. For example, if there were a JSOT article on Genesis 2:4, I would love it if, when in the course of things I were reading Genesis 2, when I read through that verse, the Info Pane would show me that I have an article with this Scripture reference available.

As best I can tell (as a rookie), this would simply involve allowing the Info Pane to also display results from indexed User Tools. Then the Scriptural References that are automatically detected and linked upon import would link up with the article in the same way that a commentary's reference would.

Also, it would be much easier to just be able to add my PDF of these article rather than having to format it into a HTML to import it.

Thank you for a great program. I appreciate you listening to my feedback and consideration of these suggestions.

Colin

• Like 1

You can convert the User Tools to a standard tool, then you are able to add it to the Info Pane. Accordance 12.2.4+

• Like 1

Fabian is right, if you convert your User Tool to a regular tool, you can add it to the My Toolset section of the Info Pane.  Alternatively, you could even add your journal tools there directly to get the same results.

Joel, how do you add the journal tools directly to the info pane?

Fabian, the reason that I didn't want to convert to User tools is that I intend to append new articles onto the end when they are released. e.g., I have one User Tool for JBL or JSNT, and am simply putting all of my articles one after another in the User Tool. But it might be I just need to convert the tool, and then redo it when adding new articles.

Thanks,

Colin

Just add the Journals to the same My Toolset section of the Info Pane.  It defaults to the bottom of the Info Pane, but you can drag it up if desired.