Info Pane Study Ethiopian

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,265 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Join me (Dr. J) in this study of the Ethiopian’s conversion (Acts 8:26-40). This podcast digs deeper into the passage, determining its limit, establishing its literary and geographical context, and investigating  unclear and unknown items in the passage. The study is a good model of how to use the Info Pane quickly and efficiently.

Watch the video here: https://www.accordan...p-and-Ethiopian

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#2 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Thanks again Dr. J for another outstanding lesson. I hope you will continue to produce lessons on "Lighting the Lamp." I love to see how others use Accordance for lesson preparation.

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Mojave 10.14.2

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,265 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Thanks, Randy!

These studies are always a special challenge. How do I offer solid insights into a passage, model good study techniques, and fit it all into a 10-15 minute podcast? I suppose it's the same sort of challenge faced by preachers/teachers everywhere, except that I have an even smaller time frame.

I appreciate your feedback. I miss teaching face-to-face, as that way I get to see the impact of the lesson. There is also no opportunity to follow up questions, interaction with students, and (of course!) coffee out together after class. Thanks for taking time to share. It helps.

• Lester P. Bagley, Randy Cue and Fabian like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13

#4 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

Maybe you could make these studies in multiple parts. Just a thought. Thanks again.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Mojave 10.14.2

#5 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Dr. J,

May I suggest you plan some podcasts using some of the tools that will be offered in advance of their release or upcoming sale. For instance, I consider the SIL Exegetical Summary Series to be a remarkable resource. Rick has an extremely well done at the product description page <https://www.accordan...tical Summary>,but I was thinking about integrating it with your selection of a passage to study. This would not only provide an insight into how one could study the Bible but demonstrate some tools that many might want if they only knew its power.

Just a suggestion. 

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Good idea, Tony!

We're publishing so many new resources now that I'm having trouble keeping up with them. The SIL caught my eye though, as I've been working with Wycliffe myself a bit. I'll try to work it in.

• Solly likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Info Pane, Study, Ethiopian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users