Help! I have completely disabled Accordance on my MacBook

dfish@occ.edu

I got into this mess by using Easy Install, to install some recent purchases.

Then, unfortunately, I clicked on the "Updates" tab. There were A LOT (!!!) of items with a checkmark. Many of them must be things included in Accordance Lite. At any rate, I've been getting messages like this:

http://davidfish.info/ESVS.jpg

That is only the first of the items causing troubles. I have attempted to uninstall Accordance from this MacBook, to install it again, but have hit a snag, and have been unable to get it going.

I absolutely need to fix this by noon on Monday. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

As you look at the image I inserted, clicking "Cancel" does absolutely nothing.

David, find ESVS in your Library window and remove it via the contextual menu. Then reinstall it with Easy Install. Do this for any module for which you’re getting this kind of error. 

You need to contact tech support for a screen share session. My guess is that you have duplicate Accordance folders, but it's much easier to sort it all out with screenshare using Skype or TeamViewer (version 12).

I fixed it. Before the first response, I had decided to delete all files and start over. At first, I encountered the same thing. I could not open Accordance, and get to the Library. So I googled further, and found the article about entering Safe Mode: https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Safe-Mode

I can't remember which options fixed my problem, but I got to the main page of Accordance (without the dialog of the image in my first post), and then I was able to use Easy Install to rebuild my library.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1