Search help in Hebrew

miketisdell

I am a brand new Accordance user and have some questions regarding Hebrew searches (Note: these are just experimental searches to understand how it works)

If I type בן ישראל into the search box, I get back what I expect i.e. בן ישראל or בני ישראל

But if I setup two Hebrew construct searches, one with the LEX בן and the other with the LEX ישראל I get zero results (even if I add a noun tag to the column with no attributes, or construct in the first and absolute in the second). I would expect to get many more hits because there is no expected word order/sequence.

Here is what the search box shows.

‏ ‎[LINK Hebrew Construct]‏ ‎<AND>‏ ‎[LINK Hebrew Construct 2]‏

If either Hebrew Construct Search is run separately then I get results, but if I run them together with the <AND> I get nothing. 

However even the result run separately are problematic i.e. for בן, I get only 13 hits: בן and the construct בני which I would expect, and הנם in the construct phrase גי הנם which I do not expect. I think the latter is due to a DB errorץ Joshua 18:16 has the construct phrase גי בן-הנום (which is tagged correctly), but I wonder if that led to mis-tagging similar instances?

Can someone tell me how this should work, and what I would need to do to make it function like expected?

Thanks

Edited to Add: I figured out that (unlike the podcast help video) when I select a word from the lookup list, it includes the nekkud and is limiting searches only to matches with the same nekkud. I had to type the word in to the box below the lookup field to get what I wanted.

The הנם issue appears to be an issue with the tagging.

Edited by miketisdell

You always have a choice to turn Use Exact Form on or off in the dialog window, or remove the + sign from the front of the word.