UPDATE! Accordance 12.2.5 (Win/Mac)

R. Mansfield

Launch App Update from within Accordance for Windows or Macintosh to move up to v. 12.2.5. For more information about this update, check out today’s post on the Accordance Blog. 

Many Thanks for the Update and this addresses  some bugs I reported and added some request from me.

So again many thanks.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Hmm. Avast is reporting this as a dangerous file. Pretty sure this must not be accurate, but it aborted the install.

John, It's a genuine upgrade and works perfectly.

Windows Defender let me install it, and I also ran a separate BitDefender scan on the downloaded executable, which passed with no problems. John did Avast give you any specific message about why it was deemed a dangerous file?

There's a particular file at the start of installation that Windows flashes back as an error, but it shows so briefly I can't figure out the full name. My guess is it's the file that Avast is questioning and blocking.

Avast:

"This file might be dangerous. Accordance12.2.5.exe...has been submitted for interrogation at the Avast Virus Lab. We're currently questioning the file, and it's starting to crack. You'll be hearing from us soon."

I've had this crop up before, can't remember if it was Accordance or some other program. I guess I'll click the "I trust this file" option and see what happens.

Well, clicking the "I trust this file" button sends me to a freeze. Using Task Manager to close Accordance, then re-attempting an update results in the same thing, so I am in a loop. When I start the update, it successfully completes the preparation for update, but when I click the "Install" button it immediately flashes a brief message that I can't possibly read before it goes away, but it says something about only a part of a ReadProcessMemory and Write Process Memory were not completed. Prior to this Windows flashes a warning message that extended attributes are inconsistent.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but right now I am in an environment where it is impossible to concentrate.

Edited to add:

I disabled Avast, and the installation went fine. I'm assuming Avast is being overly cautious.

Edited by JohnABarnett

John, you will definitely want to contact support. 

So I disabled Avast and things appear to be installing fine.

Now after several hours Avast acknowledges the file is fine.