Morphologically tagged Sahidic Coptic text?

LuisCR

Hello I am new here. I would like to know if anyone knows if Accordance is planning to have the Sahidic Coptic text morphologically tagged I order to do gramatical searches from that text. Does anyone know? Also a Coptic grammar and a lexicon would be nice to have available for Accordance. Thanks in advance.

-Luis

• Like 1

At present there are no plans to add these items for Coptic. We would need to see a lot of interest in the project, and perhaps funding for it. Then we would be glad to assist and publish the work.

Thank you for your response, hopefully someday accordance will. I would love to do searches and see if the Coptic can shed any light on the interpretation of Gramville Sharp constructions from the Greek and how Coptic handles passages that has this Greek construction. I wonder how much it would cost to fund a project like that to have morphologically tag the Coptic text.

• Like 1

I would love to purchase a tagged Sahidic NT in Accordance.

• Like 1

I looked into this several years ago and there are numerous issues involved beyond the work in doing the tagging, and then supporting it in Accordance. Coptic morphology is different than anything we have supported, and would require more advanced programming to handle it, along with searching, analysis, etc.

A more reasonable initial project would be the Gospel of Thomas, but there was only perceived minimal interest when I discussed this with a few people several years ago as well. 

So, I'd say don't hold out hope for the Sahidic NT (or OT), but Thomas could be a maybe at some point if there were scholars to do the work (or license from them), and priority enough to support it in Accordance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wish I could help with the work- Would love to see any of this here.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My vote for a grammatically tagged gospel of Thomas.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just want to express ongoing interest in additional coptic resources -- morphologically tagged texts, lexicon, and grammars

• Like 1