UI slower in recent Accordance versions

Elijah

In recent Accordance versions (after 12.1.4) I noticed that the performance of the UI is worse than before. It is noticable especially when switching tabs. I still use version 12.1.4 for this reason. In this version (and before) the tab switching was immideate. In the versions following, it takes about 1-2 seconds (also with new newest release 12.2.5).

I attached two videos that demonstrates the difference using the exact same workspace on the same PC. Tab switching for some modules is a bit faster, like the last tab "Bible Lands PhotoGuide". To me it looks a bit like it is connected to the amount of text that is displayed in the tabs module.

The PC is quite powerful and I wouldn't expect any performance issues.

I also created a completly new workspace (closed the other ones), but the issue is the same.

Hardware:

CPU: i7 6700

RAM: 16 GB (22% used)

Disk: Samsung Pro SSD (all Accordance files are on the SSD)

Comparison_Accordance-12-1-4_and_12-2-5.zip

Edited by Elijah
  • Like 1

Elijah,

I cannot reproduce the problem (even not by changing my system to German), but I did notice that the menu underlines are "on" in 12.2.5 - while they are not in 12.2.4 any idea why?

Do you have a user Bible? Can you remove it from the app and see if it makes a difference?

Also, does it happen when you are not in full screen?

Could you please email me your full session?  Thank you for the video, could you make one of 12.2.5 where I can see the whole app - not just the top left portion?

I don't know the reason for the underline, I couldn't reproduce the behavior. Normally it only get's displayed this way when the ALT key is pressed.

Regarding your suggestions: I deleted the (only) user bible and also disabled any highlighting for the texts I used for the demostration. The behavior is still the same (also when the window is maximized).

I also created a new workspace. See the attached video where I add two tabs. When I triple click on a word in NA28 or HMT it takes a long time to load the dicationary panes in both cases (10 seconds?).

The workspace is also in the attached zip file.

The whole UI seems to perform pretty slowly. During the load time after the triple click for example one of the 8 cpu cores went to 100%. This the same for all cases where I have to wait after clicking somewhere. I don't experience any of the performance issues on the old version (12.1.4).

Additional note: I did a reboot before the tests and no other programs were running (except screen recorder and system applications like firewall)

adding tabs.zip

workspace.zip

post-29973-0-24573600-1525968894_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elijah

Elijah,

I was able to see your problem on my machine and am working on a fix. 

If you change the reference font from Georgia to Segoe UI Light in the Display -> Set Text Display, you should see a big improvement.  Make sure to Click on Set as default when you change the font so all other Bible tabs will use the same reference font.

Please let me know if this fixed the problem  - at least with the Bible tabs

I also could see the improvements after changing the font to Segoe UI Light. I had to restart Accordance to see the improvements in all cases (triple click still took around 5 seconds before restarting Accordance).

Thanks for the support!