Opening Accordance File on a Network

pder3571

I'm running Accordance 12.2.5 on two home computers that are networked together, using Windows 7 Pro on both computers.

Upon saving a file that I had created with my personal notes on one computer, I copied that file into a folder on the other computer, but when I opened the file, there were no notes. Where "My Notes" displays my previous work on the first computer, there is only a blank space.

How can I resolve this little problem of mine?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by pderengowski

Are you sure that you copied to and from the same location? What are the file sizes on each PC?

The file that was created was 11 kb. The copied filed was 8 kb.

What I did to correct the discrepancy was re-copy the file directly to the 2nd computer's hard drive, which made both files 11 kb. However, when I bring up Accordance on the 2nd computer and open the file, I still cannot see "My Notes," as it is totally blank.

Are you placing it in your Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes?

Are you placing it in your Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes?

There is no file by that description on the Network. There is Network/Computer#2/Public Documents and then the folder I created to hold whatever files I have created from Computer#1.

There is an Accordance Files/User Notes in the Program Files (x86) folder, where I copied and pasted my notes from the Network files. But, when I open up the saved file, again, there is nothing in the My Notes.

Edited by pderengowski

Did you copy the file from Accordance Files/User Notes in the Program Files (x86) folder?

I can only suggest that you allow our tech support to assist you. You can send them the file that seems to be empty, and the file that you copied from the former computer, and reference this thread on the forums.

I saved the file in Accordance (Computer #1) and then copied and pasted the file to Accordance Files/User Notes in Accordance (Computer #2).

Nevertheless, I will do as you recommend. Thank you.