General Requests

rcdeacon

I have become hopelessly addicted to Accordance. Although I have a significant investment in Logos, I use it rarely these days.

That being said, there are some things that I would love to see either changed or improved.

For instance, when it comes to highlighting (which I use constantly) there are some things I would like to see changed (or improved). I made my own palette which includes a "red box". I use it to highlight a word I regard as significant. My recommendation is the expand the box so that it does not cover the first and last letter of any given word that is highlighted. This may be possible but I would also like to exactly duplicate an existing palette and save it under a different name. This allows for different highlighting scenarios. 

When it comes to notes, I would like to see a better way to indicate the presence of a note. I realize that a note is indicated by a dot or in the case of multiple notes on the same verse a triangle. I would like to know if there is a way by way of color code or some other feature to denote with having to look at the verse notes, whether you have a particular note (similar to Logos-sorry). I have color coded note indicators in the other program that inform me as to whether I have a "sermon" note, or perhaps a "sermon idea" note, "book" notes or "chapter notes. I do understand this may well require significant programming work but please understand these are only } requests!

One of the things that keeps me addicted to Accordance is Accordance Mobile (IOS). There simply is NOTHING to compare with it. The ease of getting original language information is incredible. Being able to view and edit Papers would be incredibly valuable!

I have not fully explored all the assets of Accordance and I may be requesting something already available, for that I apologize in advance. My hat is off to the staff at Oak Tree! I have become an Accordance evangelist in the pastoral circles I travel in. Love Accordance!

Bob

• Like 1

Bob, regarding the red dots and triangles, you’re referring to the notes in Accordance Mobile for iOS, correct? I believe User Notes are on the list of upcoming updates to Accordance Mobile to make them more in line with the note indicators in Accordance 12. I don’t have a timetable to give you on that, though.

As for indicating what kind of note you have on a passage, consider using the symbols that are available in the highlighting palette. You could could set up a system so that you assign a particular symbol for each kind of note that you’re adding to a text as a visual cue for you as to what kind of note you’ve added.

Thank you Rick. I do use some of the symbols already (I.e. calendar for devotional notes, Bible for word notes). While Dot’s and triangles for IOS and the note icon in the desktop, it would be nice if that indicator was customizable. Good to know iOS notes are in the pipeline for some change. Thanks for the reply.

Bob