Debugging for User Modules?

ct253

In trying to import HTML files for User Tools, I sometimes get the error message "There are extra characters after the end of the verse reference." However, I've got hundreds of verse references in my document. Is there any sort of way to get an indication of where Accordance ran into the error, so I can better debug it? Or does anybody know a way to debug those references in, e.g., Word?

Thanks,

Colin

If I have had a problem like this then I have just loaded parts of the document rather than all of it to gradually work out which part is causing the problem. Unfortunately it is a bit time consuming and all you are doing is gradually reducing the area that needs looking at. I have had an issue like this before but I cannot remember what the actual problem was - I think it may be been a badly formatted reference or something. 

• Like 1

Absent a decent linter the error message likely needs a tweak to report enough context for you to search through the file and find the fault. It could report the line but given how HTML is with logical lines, a context string of some reasonable length so as to avoid giving you something that is duplicated elsewhere in the file by chance, with a highlight of the exact error is probably more use.

• Like 1