False positives in Research

ct253

Hello.

I have been having a lot of mixed results with the Research results. (For context, I have a lot of converted User Tools in my library. As far as I can tell, this issue is not applicable to the Accordance-created modules.)

post-35043-0-15933600-1527317667_thumb.png

The attached screenshot is a good example of this. I am searching for a passage, and have numerous hits for it which not only are not the right passage, but are not a passage at all. I cannot figure out a specific rhyme or reason these hits are being pulled out. 

Also, possibly a bug or possibly user error, is though it lists "8 hits" [or how many ever, based on that search] on the toolbar, I often cannot scroll between more than one or two. It then gives me the error chime when I try to click through to find the other numerous hits. Again, I think this might only be with converted User Tools that I have seen this, but I have seen it very regularly, in some tools more than others.

Thank you!

Colin

Check your HTMLs are they saved as unicode or Mac OS Roman.

Best you open it in BBEdit https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/ the free version is enough and save it as Mac OS Roman. 

post-32723-0-85378000-1527320330_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

P.S. Hopefully a full unicode support come with Acc 13.

Edited by Fabian

I exported them via Microsoft Word to filtered html, and as far as I can tell, that does not have an option for Unicode vs Mac Roman. I’ll look at the files on BBEdit

• 4 weeks later...

By changing unicode to MAC OS Roman what does it do to make things better? I would love for User Tools to support full unicode in Accordance 13 too.