Accordance Android on Chromebook Crashing

DoosanMan

I just downloaded the Accordance Android app on my Chromebook.   It is consistently crashing every time I try to log in.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "log in"? Do you mean going into Settings, to the account tab, logging out and then trying to logg in to your Accordance account?

I tried that, and couldn't duplicate it.

I don't have a chromebook, but maybe I need one for testing?

Anyone else seeing this?

I don't have a Chromebook either but I am curious what device you are using. Android on Chrome OS is comparatively recent - production in the last two years or so I think.

Thx
D

I don't have a Chromebook either but I am curious what device you are using. Android on Chrome OS is comparatively recent - production in the last two years or so I think.

Thx

D

It's an Acer Chromebook 14.   It's one of the ones that you can download Android Apps on.    Top right corner, when I go to Easy Install it asks for my username and password so it can download my content to the device.   After I enter both in and press login it crashes time after time.   I can use the generic content that is downloaded with the app just fine.   it's when I try to enter in my info that it crashes.   It works fine on my Android phone though.

OK, there are several paths to login, that helps clarify which one.

Unfortunately I can't duplicate. Can anyone else duplicate this?

I'm wondering if it is limited to Chrome, or is there some other factor?

I tried logging out and logging via EI in on my phone (Note III Android 5) and it was fine.

Thx

D

OK, there are several paths to login, that helps clarify which one.

Unfortunately I can't duplicate. Can anyone else duplicate this?

I'm wondering if it is limited to Chrome, or is there some other factor?

I thought I have seen a screenshot from someone running Android Accordance on  a Chromebook here on the forum, but I don't remember who.   It would be interesting to see if they are having the same issue.

Edited by DoosanMan
  • Like 1

I just updated to the latest app on my Chromebook and tried again and it is still crashing when I try to log into my Accordance account in Easy Install.

I just updated to the latest app on my Chromebook and tried again and it is still crashing when I try to log into my Accordance account in Easy Install.

Yuck. It would be really, really nice to know if this is happening to anyone else on a Chromebook.

I don't see any startup related crash reports from a Chromebook on the Google Play Store Console. Which if every Chromebook did this, I think I'd get a lot of reports (and helpful stack traces to give me an idea where to look for a problem).

Can anyone else with a Chromebook confirm whether they have this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Yuck. It would be really, really nice to know if this is happening to anyone else on a Chromebook.

I don't see any startup related crash reports from a Chromebook on the Google Play Store Console. Which if every Chromebook did this, I think I'd get a lot of reports (and helpful stack traces to give me an idea where to look for a problem).

Can anyone else with a Chromebook confirm whether they have this problem?

I still have it on the latest update.   I'm using a chromebook enrolled with a Google admin.   I'll try it on another account on it yet.

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering if this has been resolved.  I'm looking to buy a chromebook but hoping to use Accordance for Android on it.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to log in through Easy Install and download modules yesterday without issue on a Chromebook. I can't guarantee that there are no issues with it, but it is at least not a guaranteed crash.