• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,214 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

So, my suggestion is, consider making the Advanced add-on package available for BW users who have already purchased most or all of the modules in the Basic package. Add grace upon grace.

Michel, just contact sales. I can’t promise you anything (I don’t work in sales), but I know they will do their best to work with you in any way they can.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#22 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

Most BW users also need a way to import their notes. Logos is already working on this. See https://community.lo...913/981201.aspx

#23 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,214 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

Most BW users also need a way to import their notes.

We’re looking into that, too. Nothing to announce yet, though.

• Michel Gilbert likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#24 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Yes such a feature is missing and I requested it before. 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#25 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

Perhaps Acc could also sell it as a separate module for those who don’t qualify for the Basic or Add-on packages.

#26 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi Rick,

I think it might be hard to convince Acc, but I’ll add another perspective.

That is exactly my situation. I have made several Acc purchases, but honestly, they were for the Syntax searches. I bought the Essentials Collection to have a commentary set to attach notes to. Then Acc made the Stuttgart package available. Wonderful. But for me to cross over fully, I would need the Advanced add-on for BW version 10. Why? Simply the overall cost. So, while I would like to make Acc my primary program, without qualifying for the Advanced add-on, I know it will takes me years to replace the programs in that package at regular prices, or even at 20% off. If I would qualify for it, it would help me make Acc my main program, and I would just use BW for the user lexicon and rapid reading, i.e., as my secondary program.

So, my suggestion is, consider making the Advanced add-on package available for BW users who have already purchased most or all of the modules in the Basic package. Add grace upon grace.

Regards,

Michel

The crossover is a bargain. Otherwise I need a refund for what I had payed for all this modules. Most BW users had used their software to earn money. So this is depreciated like a company car or whatever after some years. The investment wasn’t so enormous in BW as they all Tell now. In the other hand I and my money doesn’t belong to me. I’m only a steward who has invest for the Kingdom.
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#27 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Like I said, it might be hard to convince Acc, and I know others. But you could use your arguments against offering the packages to first time buyers also. I'm content to stay with BW10. The only way I will cross over quickly is with the same offer. And there is the added benefit that I would use it more and promote it more. I don't really know the ins and outs of the program because I don't use it that much. I do Syntax searches and write some notes. But either way, either qualifying for the Add-on package or migrating slowly over the next decade, I will purchase Acc modules as I am able.

#28 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

But you could use your arguments against offering the packages to first time buyers also.

Yes you are correct and it was on my mind.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

#29 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hi Fabian,

Stewardship is the main issue for me. It only became an issue when I learned from the OP that BW is ceasing commercial operations (I always turn off notifications for all of my programs/apps; I learned of it here).

I already owned the majority of the BW modules in paper. Then I bought them in Logos. Then, I migrated to BW away from Logos (all of this as a Windows user). Now I'm worried that BW10 might not work in a VM in a decade. If I was convinced that it would work, I wouldn't even consider migrating to another platform again, this time to Acc.

I wasn't even asking for myself at the beginning. Don's input started me thinking about a parallel between first time buyers and those who bought Acc for a certain module, function, or workflow, but who otherwise spend the vast majority of their time in BW. In my case, I spend 2-8 hours/day in BW, and 10 minutes a day in Acc (on average, over the last three years).

I also think it will be mutually beneficial for those who are allowed to take advantage of the crossover package. I do find that the more I use Acc, the more I see how excellent it is. On the other hand, BW users will be losing some valued modules and functions - in my case, if BW eventually stops working, my user lexicon, the unpointed HB with the same functionality as the pointed one, and rapid reading capabilities that I worked out on my own, partly in response to Acc unanchoring instant details from its word on the iPad. So, a complete crossover is not all good. We BW users will have to accept loss also.

I also hope you know how much I appreciate your help on the Forums in general.

Regards,

Michel

Edit: - mutually beneficial because as we learn the strengths of the program, we will promote it, i.e., promote what we know. Also, we will buy other Acc modules.

Edited by Michel Gilbert, 06 June 2018 - 12:33 PM.

• Fabian likes this

#30 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

I got the expected answer from the sales department. I find them particularly rigid when it comes to crossovers - just what's already on the website, what I already know.

Edit: I am disappointed that the cost of things prevents me from experiencing the program like the majority do, and that prevents me from being a full fledged member of this community. But, at least you got to see one BW user's perspective.

Edited by Michel Gilbert, 06 June 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#31 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Please don't respond to my last post. I may have to revise some of it.

#32 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

Yes, I have to apologize. Acc Sales are much more flexible than inflexible.

Thanks to Jimmie for her grace and understanding.

• jarcher, Julia Falling and Timothy Jenney like this

#33 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Accordance really is a gracious company. Thank you.

#34 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

And the Forum members are gracious as well. Thank you.

#35 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,466 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:32 AM

Yes, I have to apologize. Acc Sales are much more flexible than inflexible.

Thanks to Jimmie for her grace and understanding.

Jimmie is awesome. I fully agree.
Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#36 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,466 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Deleted

Edited by Ken Simpson, 08 June 2018 - 06:37 AM.

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#37 billman

billman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Koine Greek, Classic Hebrew, and linguistics.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Suprised that the CNTTS apparatus is not part of crossover.  That is one of my main resources in BW that I have used for years. It would be nice if it were part of the crossover because it comes with BW10 at least.

Oh well, I am sure there are some modules in Accordance that weren't in BW but I love the CNTTS.

Edited by billman, 09 June 2018 - 07:07 AM.

#38 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:20 AM

Suprised that the CNTTS apparatus is not part of crossover.  That is one of my main resources in BW that I have used for years. It would be nice if it were part of the crossover because it comes with BW10 at least.

Oh well, I am sure there are some modules in Accordance that weren't in BW but I love the CNTTS.

Hello Billman,

Yes, CNTTS is one of the (many) great features that came standard with BW9 & 10. Unfortunately it's not included in the Crossover packages. But BW users can get a discount on it in Crossgrades. Take a look here (toward the bottom of the page).

And I do have to reiterate what Michel said: the sales department is very friendly and tries hard to make those who want to jump over to Accordance as easy an experience as possible.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

• Michel Gilbert likes this

#39 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:58 AM

I spoke with Jimmie about this before the crossover packages were available. The crossover price of $25 is for owners of version 2. BW is version 1, so you can still get a good deal, around $59 for the CNTTS if you own it in BW, but not the $25 price. If the situation has changed, then let me know as I do not want to misinform.

#40 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

I spoke with Jimmie about this before the crossover packages were available. The crossover price of $25 is for owners of version 2. BW is version 1, so you can still get a good deal, around $59 for the CNTTS if you own it in BW, but not the $25 price. If the situation has changed, then let me know as I do not want to misinform.

Hello John,

I believe there is a difference between the CNTTS apparatus in BW9 and BW10. If I'm not mistaken, BW9 has version 1 (© 2004). According to the introductory matter, BW10 is updated until 2013. So I'm not sure that it's the most recent version, but it is at least the second edition--which, if I recall correctly, was announced as such when BW10 was released.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users