BibleWorks Crossover Packages

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 billman

billman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Koine Greek, Classic Hebrew, and linguistics.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

Thank you for the added information.

#42 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

Mine introductory material says 2004 in BW10. I doubt there is an update I missed, but if yours is 2010 please let me know and I will try and update BW10 and open my request to Accordance again.

#43 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Hello Fidel,

As I mentioned, the copyright does indeed say 2004. However, in the third paragraph of the introductory material, the following is specified:

"CNTTS TEXTUAL DATABASE INFORMATION

[…] In 2013, a total review of the variation units was started, with those updates still ongoing, but with many included in this edition of the apparatus. Plans are to finish the update on the variation units for the entire NT in 2015. Future stages will include the on-going work of reviewing and correcting or clarifying the data as well as the addition of more witnesses each year as part of the planned annual updates. The advantage of the electronic database is that additions such as these can be done on a continual basis, with the next few years already full of planned expansions and revisions. So this is a growing work that will improve in both quality and comprehensiveness as more data is added."

So, clearly, the copyright date should have been changed to reflect the updated edition. But unless the 2013 date is the prophetic past, the edition included in BW10 goes back to 2014. :)  

If you do decide to renew your request to Accordance, I'd be interested to know how it ends up.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

#44 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

Don,

Many thanks for pointing this out. I have sent a request to Jimmie for getting the crossover pricing. I will get back and let you know what she says.

God bless.

#45 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

Don,

Good news, they recognized BW10 as the latest version of CNTTS and gave me the $25 crossgrade price. Thanks for following up on this!

• Mark Allison, R. Mansfield and Michel Gilbert like this

#46 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Don,

Good news, they recognized BW10 as the latest version of CNTTS and gave me the $25 crossgrade price. Thanks for following up on this!

Thank you Fidel. That's good to know!

DC

#47 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,292 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

That's great news!

Edited by Mark Allison, 11 June 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#48 haydnguy

haydnguy

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Layperson. Classical music. Ex-techy. Retired.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

I am sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but didn't see it. I am getting the crossover Basic package (tomorrow). I see that the Install instructions say, "Download". I am wondering what type of download it will be. I'm trying to figure out how to backup my Accordance program. Will it be one large ISO? If so, could you give me an approximate size. Thanks

#49 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,655 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

You will start with the download of the application, about 100 mb. Accordance will log into your account and offer to download and install the content in the Easy Install window. You can choose how much and when to download.

As for backup, we only recommend backing up your own saved windows and content, which are saved in your Documents folder. You can always reinstall the content and the app.

• haydnguy likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#50 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,278 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

I thought I'd expand Helen's statement a bit.

You need not worry about losing your Accordance software or resources. There's no DVD to lose or misplace. They are always available to download from our server. Just reinstall the Accordance app, enter your account information, and click Easy Install. If you forget your account information, you'll need to call our office and verify your identity; they will then reset your account. If you are syncing your personal content through DropBox, reinstalling it is almost as easy. Deployed and get your laptop blown up? Buy a new laptop and follow the same steps!

The only material you might want to back up manually it the file (normally in your documents folder) called "Accordance Files." It contains your Workspaces and other custom information. However, on my Mac, High Sierra automatically backs it up to the Cloud, meaning I can access it from any computer. Problem solved.

The bottom line is that your Accordance resources are more secure than a physical library of books. Just ask someone who has lost their library in a fire or a flood. Print publishers won't replace your books after a catastrophe.

• R. Mansfield and Unix like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users