Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Hi ya,

Acc 1.1.2

I was looking up things in the recently used list and could not see an item I had recently opened. I eventually looked way down the list (it's about two pages) and there it was. Playing with this a little it looks like the algorithm is like this :

If the item I now open is not in the list put it at the top, pushing out the last one in the list (it seems to hold a max of 15 entries). If it is already in the list do nothing. Thus a frequently used item slowly ages out if you switch to enough other resources. Is that about how it works ?

I had expected more recently used items to float to near the top, and thus be more readily accessible. I think it would be good to tweak it a bit to do something like that.

Thx
D
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#2 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

The recently opened list is one of my biggest pain points with the mobile app (iOS, I assume android is similar).  I would rather it just be removed, so I don't have to deal with clicking through it. (Due to how it works, my workflow is "click past the recent list" to the library and type the first few letters of what I am looking for).

What I am looking for is almost never in the recently used list, and yes the frequently used things are often among a big list of items, so its easier to skip through to the library screen and tap out (for example) NASB than it is to scroll through the recently used list.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#3 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

The way it works on Android it's not in the way. The library search box is available at the same time so you can use either directly. I think a really simple tweak would be to put the newly opened item at the top of the list, either putting it there if it's not in the list or moving it there if it is. It would result in a simple LRU approximation. It would probably be enough.

Thx

D

• Ιακοβ likes this

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

12GB RAM

#4 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:05 PM

That makes much more sense! (As long as the search box is searching the entire library, not just the recently used items)

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#5 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

Yep it searches the entire library. Here is what the Android library first page looks like :

Attached File  Screenshot_2018-06-07-21-55-56.png   157.17KB   0 downloads

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל, 07 June 2018 - 11:52 PM.

12GB RAM

#6 Scott M

Scott M

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 536 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

I can take a look at this. I thought I was told to do it the way it is, but perhaps I misunderstood...

#7 Scott M

Scott M

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 536 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

OK, I made the tweaks, should be in 1.1.4 beta, whenever that comes out (1.1.3 is in beta now). Please whack on it when 1.1.4 betas, it should be fine (and worked in my limited testing).

• דָנִיאֶל likes this

#8 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

Many thanx for this Scott. I'll take a look

Thx

D

12GB RAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users