New user from BW

Kyle w

I am trying to link Hebrew Lexicons and Greek Lexicons to the corresponding Hebrew or Greek text so that when I roll my cursor over the word the corresponding lexicons populates in my window; is this possible in Accordance. 

Bibleworks made this happen seamlessly but I am having trouble figuring this out with Accordance.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and Accordance. Others will chip in with greater detail

I would open up an Instant Details window at the bottom and then it will automatically show you. Set your preferred lexicon at the top of the list. You can also triple click for more info.

There are a load of useful 10 minute videos here.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Lighting-The-Lamp-Podcasts

• Like 1

Press the cmd as you hover to get more information in the instant details pane.

• Like 1

On Windows Ctrl in place of cmd key.

ID uses the Amplify preferences which you need to set in Edit->Preferences and choose the lexicon for each language.

You either have the ID pane open in your workspace, or you can click and hold over the word and get a pop up.

Thx

D

Hi Kyle,

You have to set your preferred lexicon at Preferences > Amplify. Check “Include reference when amplifying . . . “, and when you triple click a word, if the biblical reference is included as an example in the lexicon entry, it will be highlighted, default color is red.

post-32543-0-60062000-1528572318_thumb.png

I believe you have to link lexicons manually in Acc - one tab won’t hold all of your Greek or Hebrew Lexicons, a preference in BW. You have to use the command [LINK type here preferred lexicon ]. See the the top right of the screenshot, [LINK HALOT].

post-32543-0-51400200-1528572333_thumb.png

Instant details will show Accordance’s glosses, etc with a simple hover. If you press Ctrl as you hover (I think it is Ctrl in Windows), you will see your preferred lexicon in Instant Details. Also, even without ID open, if you long press with the mouse, you will see Acc’s glosses, etc. If you Ctrl - long press, you will see your preferred lexicon.

Regards,

Michel

Daniel beat me to it. Kyle, you will find that Members almost compete with each other to help others.

Thanks Daniel, as always.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for those answers.  I have another: Is there a way to link multiple tools with one triple click? I would love to triple click a word in Greek and have have Thayers, Wallace, Louw-Nida, Liddell-Scott all simultaneously pull up the data for it. Or is that the linked feature I have not fully figured out? So far it looks like i can only link one resource to a given biblical text. 

Thanks again

Easiest way is to right-click a Greek word, select Research, then select Greek Lexicons.

• Like 1

Thanks Abram. I didn’t know that.

I have a question for Accordance though. Why is the order of the lexicons so different than my preferred order in my library?

Thanks.

Best I can think of is to check the gear icon in your Research results to make sure it is sorted by Library Order.

Ah, that’s after a search. You should be able to do it universally through Preferences, under Reading/Research.

• Like 1

Kyle W, piggybacking on Michel's question/comment, you can drag and drop your lexicons around in your Library pane to re-order them as you want--at that point, the Sort by Library Order preference becomes most useful, so that your Research search is always giving you all your Greek Lexicons, but in the order you want.

Thank you guys for those answers.  I have another: Is there a way to link multiple tools with one triple click? I would love to triple click a word in Greek and have have Thayers, Wallace, Louw-Nida, Liddell-Scott all simultaneously pull up the data for it. Or is that the linked feature I have not fully figured out? So far it looks like i can only link one resource to a given biblical text. 

Thanks again

Kyle,

I have BDAG as my preferred Greek Lexicon, then a series of other Greek Lexicons and dictionaries in tabs behind BDAG. All the other lexicons and dictionaries are linked to BDAG using the link command. This is, for me, a bit easier to read than the Research Lexicons report, though I do use that from time to time. 

• Like 2

Clint,

Thank you for your reply. I'm new to accordance, how can I link them to my primary lex?

Hey Kyle,

I've attached an old Greek Lexica workspace which shows how this can work. The LINK command is a [LINK tabname] placed in the search box of a search tab. When the first tab does a search all the other tabs search for the same thing in their respective texts. This is a w/s I created on Mac but it should just work fine on Windows.

The LINK command is documented at:  You are here: Biblical Research and Analyses > Search Criteria > Search Commands > Stand-Alone Commands.

Thx

D

Greek Lexica.accord.zip

• Like 1

I, on the other hand, stack those resources in a single zone since I rarely look at all of them, but selectively work my way through BDAG, LN and LSJ.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rurjwn4x6m76zd/screenshot_2018-06-10_09-25-26.png?dl=0