Upcoming Features for BW Users Sneak Peek #1

R. Mansfield

Response to our BibleWorks Crossover packages has been incredible, but we’re not done yet! We’re hard at work adding features BibleWorks users have been requesting. Here’s a sneak peek at just one of them! This is in our current beta and will be made available as a free update VERY SOON!

And special thanks to Michel Gilbert for letting me borrow some of his BibleWorks notes!

Imported%20BW%20Notes.png?dl=1

• Like 8

Thank you, Rick.  I'm looking forward to switching to Accordance with a Bibleworks Crossover package in a few weeks.  I have been trying out Accordance Lite and watching videos and am really impressed with Accordance - can't wait to use it.

One thing that I will miss from Bibleworks 10 is the Leningrad Codex images.  These come with Bibleworks 10 and I use them in the classroom. I know they can be purchased as a module in Accordance ($120), but I would love it if they were available as an official Crossgrade module since I already own them in Bibleworks.

Thank you for considering!

ET

Edited by etully
  • Like 1

We have not been able to license the tagged Leningrad images from BibleWorks, so ours are just images, indexed by the text shown on each page. You can request a courtesy 30% crossgrade discount, but you won't find the same capability.

• Like 1

And special thanks to Michel Gilbert for letting me borrow some of his BibleWorks notes!

Disclaimer: my notes are as personal as anyone else’s. Some of them were written 20 years ago, and many are just musings, often based on reading unpointed texts. They are unedited, and may or may not reflect my current views.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

The Import BW Notes feature is fantastic. Wow!

• Like 2

I really hope this will not be an import feature only for BW Notes, but in general for import content which allows me to scroll in parallel with the Bible and let my Notes which are now in a Word format, to show up in the Info Pane in the Commentary section.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Great function coming! Thanks,  Accordance Team!

(1) Does the coming "Import BibleWorks Notes" feature allow any .rtf file to be imported (that's what the BW notes are, if I understand correctly.

(2) Could I import two different sets of notes that would remain distinct?

Thanks!

I can't answer the first question, Eric, but I can the second.

Yes, you can import any number of different sets of notes. Just give each set a unique name. if you decide to merge them at a later date, you can do that, too.

• Like 1

Hi Eric and Fabian,

BW Notes files have a .bww extension, but they are .rtf files. One thing I would try is convert your .rtf extensions to .bww and try to import them into Accordance. We found out yesterday that the folder that holds .bww files has to be nested, that is, you have to have Folder A > Folder B > *.bww . You have to import Folder A to import the .bww files. That is because BW nested their .bww files that way.

It's worth a try.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 3

I would love to have an import also as docx and html. But please not only a .bww only solution.

Fabian

Right now the importer looks for the BW folder structure to recognize which notes go with what book, chapter, and verse. I suppose you could replicate this if you’re trying to import notes from other source. 

I was going to post screenshots of the notes > biblical book > *.bww folders and files, but Browse, Attach this file, Add to post seems to have disappeared in the full editor.

I was going to post screenshots of the notes > biblical book > *.bww folders and files, but Browse, Attach this file, Add to post seems to have disappeared in the full editor.

Click on the “More Reply Options” button at the bottom right of the edit window. 

That's what I meant by the full editor. I would post a screenshot of the missing options, but I can't. I checked in Firefox too. I'm in Safari right now. I might have to restart my Mac and try again.

@Rick, That doesn't show the options - alas. I suspect but am guessing that this is due to configuration of the Accordance Announcements forum. If you see it Rick it may be because you are an employee - I don't see the options either.

@Michel, You may have to create a new topic under one of the other fora. I was hoping someone would post details of this so I could try it out later.

Thx

D

@Rick, That doesn't show the options - alas. I suspect but am guessing that this is due to configuration of the Accordance Announcements forum. If you see it Rick it may be because you are an employee - I don't see the options either.

Okay, that may be it because I see them. 

Screen%20Shot%202018-06-13%20at%201.02.5

Michel, if you want to send me the images for posting them here, I can do it for you. Or you can start a new thread as suggested by Daniel.

You are right Daniel. I started a new topic at https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/23909-bw-folder-structure-for-those-interested/?do=findComment&comment=117124, and I can see the options there. Thanks for the offer Rick, but I already posted them in the new topic. If you want them here also, I'll send them to you.

Back to the question of importing other .rtf files, as User Notes, be aware that the BW format has the note on each verse as a separate file. So our import will put an entire file into the first reference. I am not sure that this will be helpful for files created outside of BW.

I don't know how Rick added the hyperlinks to my Ps 1:1 note. I would have to look it up. However it is done, could hyperlinks be used to scroll with a text?

Back to the question of importing other .rtf files, as User Notes, be aware that the BW format has the note on each verse as a separate file. So our import will put an entire file into the first reference. I am not sure that this will be helpful for files created outside of BW.

Yes I see this too. Anyway, I know its a special situation now and I understand OakTree Software is doing all for a smooth conversion from BW to Accordance. But don't forget there are others like me who have notes which the want to import smoothly and not by copy paste every Notes to a User Notes Editor Window.

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Fabian, I am grateful for the BW import function, I was surprised by joy, but I also feel for you. What I've learned over the past few years is I have to work with what is available at the moment. I've tried things like this with what was available before, like importing my notes (from my user lexicon) into a User Bible or User Tool, with varying results. I would suggest you collect and convert your .doc(x) files to .rtf, then change the extension to .bww, then try this new feature (wait until someone else confirms it will work if you wish). Then at least you will have your notes in the Acc program, and if you wish, you could do something like copy and paste a chapter at a time into a new User Note. There is also the manual scroll option, dragging the scroll bar, which I also used a few times, but I had to get my notes in Acc first. Just a suggestion. And, I hope you will be surprised by joy one day too.

• Like 1

Response to our BibleWorks Crossover packages has been incredible, but we’re not done yet! We’re hard at work adding features BibleWorks users have been requesting. Here’s a sneak peek at just one of them! This is in our current beta and will be made available as a free update VERY SOON!

Imported%20BW%20Notes.png?dl=1

Maybe such a feature would be great for the different Brand Xs too.

Greetings

Fabian

I don't know how Rick added the hyperlinks to my Ps 1:1 note. I would have to look it up. However it is done, could hyperlinks be used to scroll with a text?

I believe passages already hyperlinked in BW notes automatically convert. None of the passages in the selection you sent me had hyperlinks, Michel. But I used the automatic hyperlinking feature in the Notes editor to get the obvious ones, and then I manually hyperlinked the others. 

As for scrolling with a text, you could add your notes to the My Toolset section of the InfoPane, which scans any title for Scripture references and puts them in parallel with a passage. 

• Like 1

Maybe such a feature would be great for the different Brand Xs too.

Well, we try not to be too aggressive in regard to our competitors :-)

Only after BW announced they were closing did we create a feature to import notes. If we had done this beforehand, I’m sure our friends who worked at BW would not have taken it too kindly. 

• Like 3