Upcoming Features for BW Users Sneak Peek #1

R. Mansfield

… 

As for scrolling with a text, you could add your notes to the My Toolset section of the InfoPane, which scans any title for Scripture references and puts them in parallel with a passage. 

This has probably been demonstrated, but I was not remembering this feature of of My Toolset in the InfoPane. Very Nice!

Always discovering a new feature of Accordance,

Joseph

Just a note for those still concerned about the Notes Import structure, it does require a Bibleworks-like layout and filename scheme, but you can leave the files named .rtf.

• Like 3

For etully I have the Leningrad Codex Images in Accordance. Even though they're not tagged with references (as Helen said), and even though that'd be a beneficial feature I'd like to see, so far I'm doing OK viewing them without the tagging now that I've improved in reading Hebrew. I zoom into the images enough and they're easy to read. I can open a BHS pane in another zone to see the text of the passage if need be. 

The tools that allow you to adjust the images also aren't in Accordance (that'd be a nice feature to have later on as well), but so far I'm able to easily read the images without issues. You'll find it super beneficial to your Accordance library.

• Like 1

As for scrolling with a text, you could add your notes to the My Toolset section of the InfoPane, which scans any title for Scripture references and puts them in parallel with a passage. 

I've added a bunch of my resources to My Toolset, but I don't see any way to add User Notes, including my freshly imported BW Notes. Is there a way to do in Windows?

For now, I've simply tied my BW Notes tab to one of my text tabs so that they scroll together, but I do have to remember to look to see if I have a note.

Since User Notes show an icon in the main text pane, they don't need to appear in the Info Pane. They also currently cannot be searched in Research, although User Tools can be added to one of your Groups, and are searched with All Tools.

I've added a bunch of my resources to My Toolset, but I don't see any way to add User Notes, including my freshly imported BW Notes. Is there a way to do in Windows?

For now, I've simply tied my BW Notes tab to one of my text tabs so that they scroll together, but I do have to remember to look to see if I have a note.

My apologies for steering anyone the wrong way. I had never tried to add Notes to My Toolset and just assumed it could be done. It might be worth us investigating though because as with the original scenario to which I responded, if a user has a lot of hyperlinks to other passages in his or her notes, the addition to My Toolset could be very helpful. I have the old Schaff Church Fathers in My Toolset so that I can know when early church writers refer to a biblical passage. It’s actually even better than having ACCS near the top of my commentaries folder, although I do that, too. 

User Tools (not Notes) can be added to the Info Pane's My Toolset, but only after being converted into a regular Tool.

If someone has a really extensive set of User Notes, I think I'd suggest they just keep them open in a parallel pane. That way they are always available for additional notes.

If someone has a really extensive set of User Notes, I think I'd suggest they just keep them open in a parallel pane. That way they are always available for additional notes.

Simply having User Notes open, though, does not address the issue of multiple hyperlinked references throughout a user’s notes. If I have a reference to Gen 1.1 in my John 1.1 notes, having the notes in My Toolset would alert me to the Gen 1.1 reference in John when I’m in Gen 1.1. But I’m not going to know that if I’m just in Gen 1.1 with my notes open in parallel (or with tied tabs).