Dark Mode in macOS Mojave?

Dr. Nathan Parker

Would it be possible for Accordance to support Dark Mode in macOS Mojave (of just the UI, for books I like the parchment background with black text)? It might be nice when working in low light settings. 

Also, does Accordance have any plans to change the toolbar icons to resemble some of the apps in Yosemite-onward (such as the Finder and iWork apps, although at the moment I'm fine with the current look!)?

Thanks!

• Like 3

Yes, dark mode for Mojave, puh-lease.

• Like 1

I’m sure Dark Mode is a good possibility, but don’t take that as official word on the matter as I’m not a developer :-)

However, keep in mind, we generally don’t support features in OS betas because they can be changed or even pulled at the last minute before final release. So, perhaps after Mohave is out...

As for icons, this also is not official word, but in my observation, cosmetic changes to the interface generally only occasionally come with full number version updates. So, who knows what will happen with v. XIII? 

Actually, I’m sure at least a couple of people know. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the info! I agree definitely it'd be best to look into it after Mojave ships. I'm not beta testing Mojave at the moment. 

Likely so on the icon sets as well. The current icon sets in Accordance are fine (nothing wrong with them), but it seems Apple is moving to a certain design convention (personally I liked some of the more photorealistic icons in previous versions of macOS. Some were really beautiful, but I'm getting used to the newer themes). 

I’m sure Dark Mode is a good possibility, but don’t take that as official word on the matter as I’m not a developer :-)

However, keep in mind, we generally don’t support features in OS betas because they can be changed or even pulled at the last minute before final release. So, perhaps after Mohave is out...

As for icons, this also is not official word, but in my observation, cosmetic changes to the interface generally only occasionally come with full number version updates. So, who knows what will happen with v. XIII? 

Actually, I’m sure at least a couple of people know. 

Well you did advertise for an interface designer so we assume a couple of people are working on it :-)

• Like 2

Well you did advertise for an interface designer so we assume a couple of people are working on it :-)

Tricksy, tricksy!

• Like 1

Any idea when v. XIII may be released? 2018? 2019?

Oh, there are lots of ideas--just none that can be shared right now. 

;-)

• Like 1

I thought I saw Helen post somewhere ... "not for a while" ... I could be wrong though ;)

I'd love to see Accordance join the dark side! +1

I think the obvious answer to when Accordance XIII is released is when the developers tell Helen it's time to ring the dinner bell for customers. ;-)