BW folder structure, for those interested

Michel Gilbert

If you don't own BW, the file structure is:

notes > book > *.bww

like this:

post-32543-0-92488000-1528909329_thumb.png

post-32543-0-48668900-1528909342_thumb.png

• Like 2

Here’s a column view of my very limited BW notes folder. Does anyone know why BW places some files inside the folders and some files outside of them? 

PastedGraphic-7.png?dl=1

Chapter notes are placed in the top directory, labeled BookChapter.bww.  Verse notes are placed inside a directory labeled after the book, so we get Book\Chapter_Verse.bww.

• Like 2

Looks like the book names are abbreviated too. If consistent it will be easy enough to guess - seems like no spaces, first three chars of the common English name with numerals where required. If there are any exceptions it would be handy to know.

Thx
D

Judges is Jdg

Philemon is Phm

Otherwise, first three letters of a book; if the first character is a number, it is followed by the first two letters of a book. First letter of a book is capitalized. 
Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

Judges is Jdg; Jude is Jud

Phm is Philemon

If one of the three characters is a number, it is followed by the first two letters of a book. First letter of book is capitalized.

Accordance should support Jdg and Phm. Also to import User Bibles etc. They are very common.

Greetings

Fabian

Ok so apart from the fact that I cannot type Joh and instead typed Jon it worked fine.

This structure:

└── notes
    └── Jon
        └── 1_1.rtf

A file saved as RTF from LibreOffice.

File->User Files -> Import Notes Folder ...

Give it the  ..../notes directory.

And it imported nicely.

post-32023-0-56683900-1528941405_thumb.jpg

So I can imagine requests for Import User Tool to support an RTF type.

Thx

D

I've shared my notes with Joel Brown and discussed the BW file structure, but it should be noted that BW also has an "Editor" that is for notes not connected w/ a specific verse. These files are saved either as RTF or BWW  (or HTM or TXT) and usually stored in the top BW Notes folder level along with the chapter notes.

• Like 1

I've shared my notes with Joel Brown and discussed the BW file structure, but it should be noted that BW also has an "Editor" that is for notes not connected w/ a specific verse. These files are saved either as RTF or BWW  (or HTM or TXT) and usually stored in the top BW Notes folder level along with the chapter notes.

Yes, I think an RTF import for User tools would be helpful for multiple purposes.

• Like 3