Customizing Accordance Layouts and Workspaces

jarcher

Since there are new folks coming over from BibleWorks and they may be used to different layouts than what they first encounter in Accordance I wanted to make just a quick video (super slapped together) on one example of what is possible with Accordance.

Everyone's workflow is different. So while this may not be for you I hope it demonstrates what's possible and gives you ideas for more.

https://youtu.be/iRjb43MfvKw

If you'd like to use this workspace you may download here:

Bible Study.accord

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 9

Thanks very much for that video tutorial. It looks very nice!

Thank you j. I'm going to send the link to the video to a few people, who I know will find it very useful.

Edit: Of course, I found it useful too.

Edited by Michel Gilbert

I found it useful as well. May be inspired to acquire some additional resources as a result of looking at the functionality of the workspace!

Excellent!

I have attached screenshots of my sermon session that I start with every week to show some options.

post-18813-0-60149400-1529077590_thumb.png

post-18813-0-90654900-1529077600_thumb.png

post-18813-0-82386100-1529077610_thumb.png

post-18813-0-80262100-1529077620_thumb.png

• Like 2

Now with Live Click tabs

[see OP]

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 2

here is my Sermon Session as well

Sermon Session.accord.zip

• Like 2

Now with Live Click tabs

Thank you for the video demonstration, and workspace!

J thank you for working hard on the video and sharing. It’s great the way we achieve things in accordance by getting it to suit the way we work.

I am curious why you tied the tabs together by using the reference in the search bar rather than in the tab options. What are the benefits you have found? (I use the tab sub menu setting as I don’t like typing and prefer selecting with a mouse!).

The “tie tab” option will result in the entire context being shown in the tied tabs (vs just the verses I entered into the search).

The context display options don’t apply in the tied tabs.

• Like 1

The “tie tab” option will result in the entire context being shown in the tied tabs (vs just the verses I entered into the search).

The context display options don’t apply in the tied tabs.

Hi J. Interesting setup. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience as I've had. I tried your setup, using the CONTENTS command, but that did nothing in terms of syncing the different panes. 

I'm wondering if the fact that I'm using Accordance with French as the local language has anything to do with it.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

Regards,

Don Cobb

Thanks for the video and for sharing the file, huge help!

Hi J. Interesting setup. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience as I've had. I tried your setup, using the CONTENTS command, but that did nothing in terms of syncing the different panes. 

I'm wondering if the fact that I'm using Accordance with French as the local language has anything to do with it.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

Regards,

Don Cobb

I have the same issue. When I use the the workspace J Archer provided and type in the verse ref as in the video, all other tabs linked by the [Contents] command go to Gen 1:1, so something is not set properly on my system. I am wondering if a preferences setting needs to be  changed. I have been pondering this for a bit now and am just as puzzled. This is true of all of the  workspaces shared using the [Contents] command and workspaces I have set up myself. 

Puzzled,

Joseph

Now with Live Click tabs

attachicon.gifBible Study.accord

here is my Sermon Session as well

I saved both of your workspaces, slightly renaming them to include your name so as to give you credit. I like being able to show off various workspaces in training/webinar sessions.

• Like 2

I have the same issue. When I use the the workspace J Archer provided and type in the verse ref as in the video, all other tabs linked by the [Contents] command go to Gen 1:1, so something is not set properly on my system. I am wondering if a preferences setting needs to be  changed. I have been pondering this for a bit now and am just as puzzled. This is true of all of the  workspaces shared using the [Contents] command and workspaces I have set up myself. 

Puzzled,

Joseph

As suspected, I had a very important difference in my Preferences Settings. In the Search Tabs settings I unchecked "Add automatic context" and set the "Add context" to none. This makes sense to me now since [Contents] works with a verse list result and my previous settings supplied something much different that [Contents] expected. Of course had I paid attention to the context setting J Archer had, I would have been much less puzzled. I am guilty of not following my own directive to my students: "It's all about the detail." Teacher, correct thyself! ;)

Humbled,

Joseph

• Like 1

As suspected, I had a very important difference in my Preferences Settings. In the Search Tabs settings I unchecked "Add automatic context" and set the "Add context" to none. This makes sense to me now since [Contents] works with a verse list result and my previous settings supplied something much different that [Contents] expected. Of course had I paid attention to the context setting J Archer had, I would have been much less puzzled. I am guilty of not following my own directive to my students: "It's all about the detail." Teacher, correct thyself! ;)

Humbled,

Joseph

I'm still not getting it. I put those settings as on the video, but with the same results as before... Am I still missing something?

Don

Don,  did you check your settings in Accordance —> Preferences —> Search Tabs for "Add context" on the right side of the screen? Make sure it is set to "None" and that the "Add automatic context" below is unchecked. Make sure to save these new preferences. This solved the issue for me.

Best wishes,

Joseph

Donald, your localization settings may require that you rename the "Master" tab and redo the [CONTENTS Master] search in each tab?

Maybe that will help?

I see what the problem is. I had the sliding verse range (upper left-hand corner, just under the drop down menu to select the search version) set for full context, as opposed to just the verse that's in the search window. This was causing all the other tabs to go to the beginning of the different versions (i.e., Gen 1:1).

I was afraid it was a bug connected with the French localisation or the fact that a French version was the search version, since I had put all the other settings as suggested. Fortunately it wasn't that.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions and bearing with me!

Don

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions and bearing with me!

Forum members always bear each other’s Accordance burdens. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This has been updated to better support combined texts.

See the OP for the download link.

Edited by jarcher

I started using jarcher's nice workspace he gave us, now for some reason I can't do a copy and paste from my scripture in Accordance to the latest version of Word. I tried it from the SIL tab and the Master. I know it does it because one time I was able to copy it exactly with the verse reference (John 3:16) in blue and the rest of the verse normally but I can't remember how I did that. Help? Thanks.

I started using jarcher's nice workspace he gave us, now for some reason I can't do a copy and paste from my scripture in Accordance to the latest version of Word. I tried it from the SIL tab and the Master. I know it does it because one time I was able to copy it exactly with the verse reference (John 3:16) in blue and the rest of the verse normally but I can't remember how I did that. Help? Thanks.

Hey haydnguy, are you able to paste into any application at all?

Have you tried use the Edit - Copy menu as well as the keyboard shortcut?

Hey haydnguy, are you able to paste into any application at all?

Have you tried use the Edit - Copy menu as well as the keyboard shortcut?

Yes, I can paste but, for instance where the superscript number should be it puts an extra letter. Every option in Copy As posts "something" it's just not the verse as it normally would be.