Learning to use Stacks

raycopeland

I am trying to start using stacks, and I have no stacks in the Library. When I try to create a new one I get an error message that says 

"The location of the file 'New Stack.astack' has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time." I am using 12.2.6. Thanks for any suggestions

For me, this happened because I didn't have a Stacks folder (on a mac, ~/Documents/Accordance File is the parent directory). Once I created a Stacks folder in the proper place, everything worked fine. I've seen several people bump up against this in the last few months.

• Like 2

Ray, are you on Windows, or Mac?

I am on a Mac, and creating the Stacks folder worked great. Thank you so much for the help.

• Like 1

I'm glad that fixed your problem.  If I can, I'd still like to figure out why you needed to do that.  It's supposed to create the folder automatically if it's not present, and it does so fine on my machine (running High Sierra), so it would be nice to know what the difference is.

It does seem odd that it did not create the folder on installation. I am running High Sierra on a 2016 13" MacBook Pro. I do have Dropbox syncing set up so I suppose that it is possible that it either did not create it for the sync or it was deleted in the setup sync. My Windows 10 machine created the folder and synced just as it was supposed to. 

• Like 1