Really liking Live Click

Solly

Oh my, what a pleasant surprise with the 12.2.7 update and Live Click. I am like a child with a new toy—this is so cool!!!

Thanks for the fun and useful features,

Joseph

• Like 8

I must concur, 'Live Click' is a real treat.  Verse lookup on my second monitor is seamless. I can cross-ref any verse in every version without interrupting my workflow or without adding new zones or panes to my main screen.   Thank you.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 4

When I was emailing Rick back and forth, I often made the typing mistake, "Love Click," and, it has stuck in my mind.

• Like 2

I can't believe how much I love the Live Click. This makes the app feel like a totally new version. Loving it!

• Like 1

It would be nice if one could limit Live Click to a subset of Bible versions, and not all of them.

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

It would be nice if Live Click could open three parallel panes inside one research tab, instead of three tabs.

Edited by Alistair

Be nice if one could limit Live Click to a subset of Bible versions, and not all of them.

It seems (I'm not a developer) that it chooses the top 13 appropriate Bibles in your texts. So you can just order them in your library so the top 13 are the ones you want searched.

Do you mean you want to choose a different selection? You can always create a custom range for research - just click custom and add in the resources you want. It's two extra clicks and enter to look at those.

EDIT: It appears I had a text with no file in there. I deleted it and it does indeed do all my texts. BUt even with ~100 texts it's pretty close to instantaneous. And then I can refilter it through a custom range if I like.

Edited by Douglas Fyfe

What is meant by "Sort by importance" in the results window?

I tried Live Click on the word Overseers in Phil. 1.1 and Accordance has decided that the entry from the Holman Treasury of Key Bible Words (Titles) is more important than The New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible (English Content)

I would have considered the fuller, more scholarly work to be more important, so what criteria are you using?

And couldn't you just combine Titles and English Content into one result?

Edited by Alistair

It seems (I'm not a developer) that it chooses the top 13 appropriate Bibles in your texts. So you can just order them in your library so the top 13 are the ones you want searched.

Do you mean you want to choose a different selection? You can always create a custom range for research - just click custom and add in the resources you want. It's two extra clicks and enter to look at those.

EDIT: It appears I had a text with no file in there. I deleted it and it does indeed do all my texts. BUt even with ~100 texts it's pretty close to instantaneous. And then I can refilter it through a custom range if I like.

OK I see what you mean.

I think I had Live Click set on non-instant results, which slowed it down for me. 

but it would be better if there was some kind of built-in smart filter that figured out what your favourite top five versions or top five dictionaries are and just did all the hard work for you, so I don't see any results in non-English Bibles, etc

What is meant by "Sort by importance" in the results window?

The doc for research explains the terms. Here's the importance

Importance: Hits are sorted first by the number of hits in the primary field, and then the other fields. The primary field varies depending on the tool. Hits are listed in the following order: texts, primary field, and other field, sorted by the number of hits.

Thx

D

It would be nice if Live Click could open three parallel panes inside one research tab, instead of three tabs.

You can drag the second tab to an own Pane. 

Greetings

Fabian

That might be confusing for the way we use the word “parallel” in search tabs, but what about an option to open Live Click Research zones in the forefront instead of tabs in the same zone?

Accordance, thank you!  "Live Click" is a super wonderful feature – greatly appreciated.

• Like 1