Adding workspace not working

Ashadelo

Hello, not sure how to correct this problem. Early this year I bought a new Macbook Pro so I transferred all of my Accordance files over to my new Macbook. I have not had any problems with any of the files, or using my accordance settings up until today (and I use Accordance EVERYDAY for hours on end. Everything went smooth until just now. I noticed that my old workspaces that had been saved under file < open workspace were not working. So i made sure that there were not doubles of all of the files (for example in different locations). Then I manually opened the files, to which there was no problem. I also tried adding the manually opened workspace to "open workspace" but to no avail. Next I cleared all of my old workspaces from the accordance listing and tried again. still could not add workspaces. Finally, I created a new workspace and tried to add that into "open workspaces" but that will not add as well. 

Any advice on how to fix this? I can open the accordance folder and double click the workspace I want to open, or I can reload recently auto saved files without any problems. But I cannot add any workspaces new or old to the open workspace.

post-33440-0-25974400-1529211493_thumb.png

post-33440-0-30637500-1529211506_thumb.png

post-33440-0-16027700-1529211515_thumb.png

Edited by Ashadelo

Add Workspace is working for me on Mac. Where is your Accordance folder located? in your user/Documents?

Add Workspace is working for me on Mac. Where is your Accordance folder located? in your user/Documents?

/Users/ashadelo/Documents/Accordance Files

Like the Highlighting which has an unexpected behavior to add them. So the Workspace too.

Open your library and go far away to the left and go far away down the road. Then Hit this button attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-06-17 um 08.27.45.png.

Is it that what you have searched? 

Greetings

Fabian

I tried that it doesn't work :(

You can try removing your General or all your settings filesIf you do it in Safe mode (option-click to open Accordance) this will be permanent, so if you don't want to lose your Preferences go to the user/Library/Preferences and make a backup of Accordance Preferences.

You can try removing your General or all your settings filesIf you do it in Safe mode (option-click to open Accordance) this will be permanent, so if you don't want to lose your Preferences go to the user/Library/Preferences and make a backup of Accordance Preferences.

Is there another way besides deleting my preferences. It will take forever to sync up all my downloaded material

I am not suggesting you delete them, but try a new set to see if that fixes the problem. If not, revert to the previous set. If it does, then you can put the old ones back one by one until you find the one that has become corrupted.

You can call tech support in the morning for help with this.

I am not suggesting you delete them, but try a new set to see if that fixes the problem. If not, revert to the previous set. If it does, then you can put the old ones back one by one until you find the one that has become corrupted.

You can call tech support in the morning for help with this.

I cant really call. I live in China and the time zone difference in 12+ hours

Edit: I will try what you said.

Edited by Ashadelo

Its not the prefrences as I just deleted them and started from scratch and still cannot add a workspace

We have tech support available in your time zone (Seoul) so please email them and set up a screenshare via Skype or TeamViewer (v12, not 13).

We have tech support available in your time zone (Seoul) so please email them and set up a screenshare via Skype or TeamViewer (v12, not 13).

Ok thank you, i can do skype. What is the skype name?

You should email to arrange a time: oaktreesupport but Ryan may use his own Skype account.

Hi Christian,

Please see the email that we sent from support with the instructions for installing TeamViewer 12. We would like to arrange a time to screen share with you to assist with this issue.

Thanks,

Billy

Hi Christian,

Please see the email that we sent from support with the instructions for installing TeamViewer 12. We would like to arrange a time to screen share with you to assist with this issue.

Thanks,

Billy

Downloaded and added skype

Just wanted to say thank you for spending so much time to help address the issue. It still has not been fixed so I deleted everything (expect for my workspaces, notes, etc.) and I am currently redownloading everything. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give whoever is reading this an update incase anyone else encounters something similar. As of right now Accordance does not support unicode for example: Chinese language 汉语, Because my computer was my Chinese name Accordance was unable to locate or create a short-cut of my workplaces. Thus resulting in the problem I originally posted, Therefore if you encounter any type of problem relating to saving or creating short cuts and are using another language that might potentially be causing the problem.

Edited by Ashadelo
  • Like 3