Dashes in the Bible text finder field are interpreted the wrong way

Guntis

I open «Feasting on the Word (Readings)» resource and copy last two Bible references from the Proper 18:

James 2:1–10 (11–13), 14–17
Mark 7:24–37

I open Bible text search pane (with Latvian Bible 2012 as my default Bible) and paste these Bible references in the Search field. I remove brackets and add comma after 10. Looks like this:

James 2:1–10, 11–13, 14–17; Mark 7:24–37

I press Enter and Bible texts are shown from the Latvian Bible 2012. So far so good. I close Accordance and reopen it. 

I click on the Bible text button on the left and choose NRSV with Strongs. Now the same verses are shown from the NRSVS. Nice! I close Accordance and reopen it. Oops. Error message pops up: "There are extra characters after the end of the verse reference." Accordance workspace opens, in the Search field are wrong characters: 

James 2:1–10, 11–13, 14–17; Mark 7:24–37

Probably something to do with the initially used Unicode Bible text? Can you fix this?

It would be nice if Accordance could correctly interpret brackets, too. 

Thank you for so perfectly explaining how to reproduce this.  I should be able to sort it out pretty quick.

Something I'm curious about.  As someone who is not a bible scholar, can you help me understand what the difference between James 2:1–10 (11–13), 14–17 and James 2:1–17 is?  What meaning does putting the middle part in parentheses add?

My understanding is that in the lectionary the brackets make it an optional reading. It is acceptable to read but not mandated.

Guntis will know better than I, so he may wish to correct me.

Ken's explanation is correct. In brackets are texts which can be used or can be skipped, according to the minister's own judgment.

• Like 1