Live Click/Research – Syntax Analytics Fails

Fabian

Hello 

The Syntax Analytics doesn't work. Syntax Module is installed.

post-32723-0-01814200-1529300395_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

The solution is the same as the one I posted to your other thread. Open a single text that is syntactically tagged. Analytics will then include syntax data.

This Analytics are from the Live Click/Research. 

In my opinion there is a need for more development.

Or are I'm totally wrong? Can you explain more?

Thanks

Greetings

Fabian

Live click searches every Hebrew text for the Hebrew word or every Greek text for the Greek work.

However, syntax is only available for two texts: the Hebrew Bible (two choices) and the Greek New Testament (one choice). If you search those texts, Syntax is available in Analytics.

It is not available to Apostolic Fathers, the Pseudepigrapha, Rabbinic texts, DSS, etc.  If you include these texts in your search, Syntax is not available. Select one of the texts listed above to use Syntax.

Yes but the Texts was the one with the Syntax.

See post-32723-0-06708800-1529330994_thumb.png. So in my opinion the development is not finished.

But I'm eager to see your Podcast. Maybe it opens the knot or it generates more questions:-)

Greetings

Fabian

I don't think the pie chart in Research is based on data from the currently selected resource. It seems to be from the entire result set as a whole.

Once you drill down to the particular text and then search back to that text you can get all the data it provides. 

Thx

D

• Like 2

I don't think the pie chart in Research is based on data from the currently selected resource. It seems to be from the entire result set as a whole.

Once you drill down to the particular text and then search back to that text you can get all the data it provides. 

Thx

D

It should, you can compare in the research different Bibles. See the Podcast from the release of Accordance 12.

But it should also collect the informations from the different resources and present it. In that case from the tagged Bible text and the Syntax module. 

On my other post from the Bible text and from the MT-LXX module.

Greeitings

Fabian

You can certainly make the case that Research be enhanced in that direction. I don't know the details but my guess is that it is essentially doing what is supported by all texts in the corpus being searched. Adding elements peculiar to specific texts seems nice but I don't know what would be involved.

Thx

D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks now it works on 12.2.8

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

It should, you can compare in the research different Bibles. See the Podcast from the release of Accordance 12.

But it should also collect the informations from the different resources and present it. In that case from the tagged Bible text and the Syntax module. 

On my other post from the Bible text and from the MT-LXX module.

Greeitings

Fabian

Fabian,

We considered your suggestion on including MT-LXX data in Live Click. We concluded it did not fit either Research or Live Click. Both features are intended for global searches in a specific language, not comparisons of one language with another. It's simply a different kind of research, one with very different goals.

MT-LXX is a comparison of two languages (Greek and Hebrew/Aramaic) and two different canons (MT and LXX). People who do such searches (and I am one of them) generally begin at a different place (a specific passage or search in either the HMT or G LXX, not a global search) and use an entirely different methodology.  If, at some point, someone created a database that addressed similar issues for other corpora (DSS, Sam Pent, Ben Sira, GNT, Pseud., etc), we would be willing to reconsider our decision.

Fabian,

We considered your suggestion on including MT-LXX data in Live Click. We concluded it did not fit either Research or Live Click. Both features are intended for global searches in a specific language, not comparisons of one language with another. It's simply a different kind of research, one with very different goals.

MT-LXX is a comparison of two languages (Greek and Hebrew/Aramaic) and two different canons (MT and LXX). People who do such searches (and I am one of them) generally begin at a different place (a specific passage or search in either the HMT or G LXX, not a global search) and use an entirely different methodology.  If, at some point, someone created a database that addressed similar issues for other corpora (DSS, Sam Pent, Ben Sira, GNT, Pseud., etc), we would be willing to reconsider our decision.

Hello Tim

Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion it would be quite handy, to see in short how it is translated.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Fabian,

Now I saw your video.

Syntax Analysis is also not global. As you say it it the video but Accordance support it now. Many thanks for this. There are 2 Texts which support it.

So also the MT-LXX has 2 Texts. So I would definitely love to have the Analysis for this 2 Texts too. Plus this feature.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian