Bug with live click?

Donald Cobb

I've been trying out the new live click option, which is very nice. I think it's been mentioned already that when a word is clicked on, it works fine for searching in lexicons, etc., but—for some of us at least—brings up a message saying something like "this word was not found in any tool"… no matter how frequent the word.

I just noticed that this search is done with the search command "all texts" in the drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner (in the results pane). However, I can switch that to "all," redo the search and it turns up the desired results.

This is in the Mac version. Looking at the video that came out a few days ago, it doesn't seem to be a problem in the Windows version.

I wonder if others have encountered the same behavior, and the same results with the work-around?

Don Cobb 

As I mentioned in another reply, I wonder if you are clicking a word in a parallel tool pane rather than a text pane. Is it adding a range to the search?

Don it didn’t work properly in the French IU. Till the next update you have to use the English IU.

Greetings

Fabian

As I mentioned in another reply, I wonder if you are clicking a word in a parallel tool pane rather than a text pane. Is it adding a range to the search?

Hello Helen,

I can confirm that I'm not clicking in a parallel tool pane. I'll try Fabian's suggestion tomorrow about trying it with the English UI.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Do you have your live click options set to "Current Book" or "Entire Text"?

Do you have your live click options set to "Current Book" or "Entire Text"?

Hello Silas,

Neither one gives a different result. I tried changing the localisation settings on Accordance this morning. Set to English, the live click works fine. So the problem does seem to be with the way it functions (or doesn't!) specifically with the French UI.

Regards,

Don Cobb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Donald

Now with 12.2.8 it works fine with the French UI.

Thanks, to the developers.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Good to know! I'll switch my language back to French! Thanks Fabian for trying that out. Un super grand merci, comme on dit !

Don Cobb

• Like 1