How to look up all verses cited in a Tool?

OSchrock

Is there a way to open all the Bible references that are cited in a particular section of a tool?

For instance, in the first screenshot of the blog post announcing AMG's Word Study dictionaries, the middle pane has all the verses that are cited in the main commentary. https://www.accordancebible.com/Complete-Word-Study-Dictionaries/

screenshot: https://www.accordancebible.com/files/images/156040-custom.png

Were these verses manually entered or is there a way to do that automatically?

"Copy as References" only seems to work on Bible texts.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

If you simply click and drag from the first reference hyperlink to the last, they all open up together into a new Text tab.  If you need the actual list of references, you can then Copy as References from this text tab.  I hope this helps!

• Like 2

If you simply click and drag from the first reference hyperlink to the last, they all open up together into a new Text tab.  If you need the actual list of references, you can then Copy as References from this text tab.  I hope this helps!

Thank you, but I must not be doing it right as that does not work for me at all. Does that work for you even when the references are interspersed in the text as in the Accordance Screenshot?

I think it's worth pointing out that this doesn't work across sectional boundaries. If you slick and drag within the same subsection it works. (ie within subpoint ii) for example)

Okay, I’m still learning things about Accordance, too, because I didn’t know this! But like OSchrock, I can’t get it to work either. When I click and drag from the first hyperlink to the last, everything is just selected. 

• Like 1

I can get it to work if I shift-click the last reference in the selected text.

• Like 1

Joel, is there a setting for this because it definitely doesn’t work in my install.

It works for me. You have to start in the middle of one reference and end in the middle of the last reference. 

It works for me. You have to start in the middle of one reference and end in the middle of the last reference. 

Okay, that’s the key. Works for me now. 

You can also do the same thing by a Command-click on any reference in a paragraph. I don’t have Windows in front of me to check to see if a Control-click does the same thing.

• Like 1

As Ken noted, it only works within one paragraph.  I've uploaded a video - simple click and drag is all you need!  Just be sure you are starting and ending in a verse reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5tia5yzep0eilm/NTWordStudy%20Hyperlinks.mov?dl=0

Thanks for the video! Works. I had no idea there is this function!

You can also CMD click one reference and all the Scripture refs. in that paragraph will open in a text box

• Like 2

As Ken noted, it only works within one paragraph.  I've uploaded a video - simple click and drag is all you need!  Just be sure you are starting and ending in a verse reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5tia5yzep0eilm/NTWordStudy%20Hyperlinks.mov?dl=0

Thank you so much for the video! I got that to work perfectly!

Okay, that’s the key. Works for me now. 

You can also do the same thing by a Command-click on any reference in a paragraph. I don’t have Windows in front of me to check to see if a Control-click does the same thing.

Thank you for the tip about Command-clicking in the paragraph!

Additionally, in the subsequent pane of scripture passages, I can select all (⌘A) and then Copy as References (⌥⌘R) to effectively extract the list of references from that paragraph!

Accordance is great and the help from this forum is excellent! Thank you to all!

• Like 2