Live Click – More... Less... Button doesn't work

Fabian

Hello

The More... Less... doesn't work in 12.2.7.

post-32723-0-30155900-1529659780_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian, it seems to be working for me in 12.2.7. Sorry that's no help!

• Like 1

By me and a friend it doesn't work. So we have a patt situation :mellow:

Please give 2 screenshots. Best you search for a very common word, so not all Books are listed. For example God in Gen 1:1 in the ESV. The list goes then to Ex. 3:12 and now try to use the more button. And now please a screenshot.

Mine goes only to Ex. 3:12 and I can't expand it with the "more" button.

post-32723-0-67140500-1529873183_thumb.png

As you can see I have the less button, this implied there should be more than Ex. 3:12.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Fabian

OK I see what you mean. I did the search for 'God' and the first Bible listed is the ESV with Strong's. I get results down to Gen. 48.21 then it cuts out and jumps to the next Bible version, in my case the NRSV+Strongs.

The number of hits shown seems to depend on the column width, its jumping around by a couple of verses when I resize the window. 

It only doesn't work at the end of the results listed for that translation, i.e it will not load up more results from the ESV. Is that what you were expecting?

So what would be the best way to handle a search where you could get hundreds of hits per versions?

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

Fabian the more or open expands the verse and occurs between each verse.

Hover between the verses There is a more open above ex 3:12 and if you click more, you get to see all of ex 3:12 which starts He said...down to out of Egypt ” which is missing from your screen shot and before the you shall serve... which is in your screenshot.

post-31185-0-76228000-1529874908_thumb.png

post-31185-0-65580500-1529874922_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

The number of hits shown seems to depend on the column width, its jumping around by a couple of verses when I resize the window. 

By me the number of hits are always the same. Its jumping around but still on Ex. 3:12.

It only doesn't work at the end of the results listed for that translation, i.e it will not load up more results from the ESV. Is that what you were expecting?

So what would be the best way to handle a search where you could get hundreds of hits per versions?

1. Yes. 

2. This behavior is ok. But it should on the Bible which I want to investigate more to be able to expand it. There is a reason for the More... Less... Button. I'm sure the developers made it to see more hits in the Bible which we want to investigate more.

It seems it is solved in the next beta. 

Thanks for your help. It seems we have to wait till the update is live.

Greetings

Fabian

It seems it is solved in the next beta. 

Perhaps. it might be Helen didn't exactly understand your question, I myself had to follow your exact instructions to see the same result you were getting.

I agree that clicking on "More" should get you more results from the ESVS, that would be the natural assumption and expectation.

Fabian the more or open expands the verse and occurs between each verse.

Hover between the verses There is a more open above ex 3:12 and if you click more, you get to see all of ex 3:12 which starts He said...down to out of Egypt ” which is missing from your screen shot and before the you shall serve... which is in your screenshot.

Yes you are correct. And there it works correct but why are on the end before the - - -  a More... Less... Button? This can only be for the reason I explained. Because if you press there the Button nothing happens.

Greetings

Fabian

So my More... Less... Button is more a + and -, than a more less.

Greetings

Fabian

Fraser, you are correct in the general sense, but Fabian is referring to the case where the list of results is truncated (because there are so many of them in any one version) and clicking "More" does not, in fact, show more.

HTH

Edited by Alistair

if you click open you get much more in the original window, all the way to mal. 3.18.

But like you, there is something odd for displaying long lists of common words which is different when you just get open for short list of uncommon words.

post-31185-0-35018000-1529881584_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

After a good night.

I guess it would be the best if at the end is only the "open" button. A more would mean to run the Research again. Then it is easier to see it the "open" Bible. 

For my friend and for me the more button means there can be expand there. 

We will see what the developers do.

Greetings

Fabian

In the absence of any other responses, I think this is probably a limit setting on the list and the “more open” is just the standard display between verses and is antipating another verse to be displayed.

Realistically, should there be a limit and if so how many, if the current one isn’t enough for common words? I doubt I would have got as far as exodus if I wasn’t checking to see if I could replicate your findings.

• Like 1