"Write Permission" for Editing/Updating Notes Files

Cleland

I have Windows 12.2.7.0

A week ago I began 3 different user note files that I try to keep open in a work space when I'm studying. Recently none of the three files will let me update my edits on the notes. I can open up the edit box, edit the information, but when I hit "update" I get a box that says:

"The files "(file name)" cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied.

The write permissions for the file may be changed by selecting "Properties" in File Explorer."

I went to my windows folder whereI have those three files, and gave full permission to the various tasks listed for all users on my computer for all three files. Accordance still won't let me update edits on these notes.

Can anyone think of something that would have set this off? Is there a good troubleshoot for this?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

You may have an error log files that will help determine the problem.  Please look in C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Logs and PM me the files that were generated around the time you were trying to save your user's note.

Chris,

You may have an error log files that will help determine the problem.  Please look in C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Logs and PM me the files that were generated around the time you were trying to save your user's note.

I sent a PM, but I do not have a log at that address. Where I did find a log, there wasn't anything recorded - just one text document file that was blank.

It won't address the underlying issue, but I wonder if this would work if you right click on the Accordance icon and select "Run as Administrator"?

It won't address the underlying issue, but I wonder if this would work if you right click on the Accordance icon and select "Run as Administrator"?

No, it didn't help. But I stand corrected on my previous post; I do have an error log and am waiting on someone to get back to me on interpreting the information.

Thanks