Missing Helena and Yehudit fonts

Ken Stockdell

I just noticed today that the Helena and Yehudit fonts do not show up as options any more in Accordance. The Open Type files for both are showing in Resources/Fonts inside the Accordance app's package contents, and they are in the Font Book on my Mac. Do I need to run a fix, or has the Accordance font superseded these two for Greek and Hebrew?

Edited by Ken Stockdell

Hi Ken Accordance now uses the Accordance font for Greek and Hebrew. You are still welcome to use Yehudit and Helena (Mostyn useful for legacy documents) . As far as I am aware the main glyph are the same.

You access greek and Hebrew glyphs -in say Word or Mellel - in the Accordance font by changing the input language in you Mac menu bar. And setting the font to Accordance.

We still use the legacy fonts for the display of texts and tools inside Accordance, but for export to Unicode we recommend using the Accordance font, which is also used increasingly in the app itself, except for text and tools display.

In Accordance 12 run Accordance in Safe mode (option or alt-click as you open it) and you will have an option to clean up your fonts. This is worthwhile as the fonts can appear in all kinds of places. You should reinstall them if needed in the user/Library/Fonts folder.

Hi Ken Accordance now uses the Accordance font for Greek and Hebrew. You are still welcome to use Yehudit and Helena (Mostyn useful for legacy documents) . As far as I am aware the main glyph are the same.

You access greek and Hebrew glyphs -in say Word or Mellel - in the Accordance font by changing the input language in you Mac menu bar. And setting the font to Accordance.

Ken,

Thanks for the clarification. The fonts came back when I did a permissions repair on my computer because Accordance has started crashing ever time I try to add something from my Stack to a Paper I'm trying to finish to teach from tomorrow morning.

I've emailed Support about it, but since they don't work weekends I'm not optimistic about getting help for that problem.

Hope you have a great Lord's Day down under!

Ken:

Our tech support and customer service staff do work on Saturdays (in rotation) and try to field all inquiries up to 5 pm EDT, but after that we encourage them to take the rest of the weekend off. After 5 pm it's a question of luck whether someone sees and responds to your inquiry before Monday. Sorry, but we cannot provide 24/7 live support.

• Like 1