Scrolling Speed of the Quran-T: Accordance 12 vs. Accordance Mobile for iOS

Fabian

Hello

The scrolling speed of the Accordance Mac version Quran-T compared with the iOS version is more than significant. On the iOS it is really fluent, but in my Mac it's stutters by scrolling.

Both with the Accordance Font.

Greetings

Fabian

I know from a speed comparison my iPhone is faster than my Mac, but the significant is not so extrem than with the Quran-T.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

How many parallel panes and linked tabs do you have on the Mac? Can you post a picture?

Interesting.  I don't open the Quran very often, but it does appear that scrolling is a bit slower than in, say, HMT-W4.  I also notice that it scrolls much smoother when you have your mouse past the very edge of the text so that it's not loading instant details for every word you mouse over while you scroll, so it's may be some delay that is caused by retrieving instant details for every word your mouse moves over that causing the scroll to lag a bit.  Since you don't have a mouse on iPhone and iPad, this wouldn't be a problem there.

Hello Silas 

Yes if I put the cursor not in the text its faster. But its still much slower than in the BHS with loading all the Instant Details stuff.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Sorry, 

• Improved loading times for Instant Details with a noticeable improvement in Arabic reaction times, due to the complex nature of Arabic word length.

I can't confirm this on my Mac.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian, do you know what year model your Mac is?  I saw a noticeable improvement in my Quran scrolling speed after the recent change, but I'll admit it's still a bit slower than Greek, Hebrew, or English.

Hello Silas

I saw no difference.

MacAir 13“ i5 4GB RAM Mid 2013. the first one with

The gHz I don’t know it by Heart. I have to give a look if I’m at Home.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 5 months later...

O.K. I got now a new Mac and the scrolling is much smoother. 

Definitely no compare between.

But if you have the chance to see how the scrolling stocks on older Mac maybe you find some way to enhance the scrolling again. 

As a sidenote: The scroll on the scroll bar on the right side was always good. But to scroll with the two fingers in the pane is a pain on my MacAir.

Mmmh. First the scrolling was much smoother but now after 5 minutes it stocks also on the new Mac!!!

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian