User Notes and Instant Display

vfhirschi

My user notes is behaving quite strangely lately. Whenever I hover my cursor over a reference to see the link in the instant display window, nothing appears (although the cursor changes shape from a line to the magnifying glass). To see the link, I have to hover about 1cm above the reference…
This is really annoying in notes that contain many references!

I should add that in other tools (like NA28 apparatus, cross references, etc.), the instant display functions normally, i.e. it appears when my cursor is right above a link.

Any idea of what is causing the problem?
Thanks
Vincent

(PS: I am using Accordance 12.2.7 on a Macbook pro working with OS 10.13.4)

That’s interesting. I had a similar experience last week while giving a demo with the Windows version. It was as if the mouse pointer wasn’t properly aligning with the hyperlink. But it hasn’t happened since. 

Regardless, I can confirm it’s happened to me at least that one time, too. 

Did you do anything to solve the issue? Did it just come back to normal without you doing anything?
I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked for now...

No, there’s nothing I actually did. But if both of us have been affected--you on Mac and me on Windows--I’m sure there’s an actual issue. Since yours is persistent, I’m sure that one of our support staff would be interested in screensharing with you if you have time to contact support. 

I'd imagine Mr. Mansfield is running the beta, where we noticed and fixed this bug the same day we found it.  We're hoping to have that fix released to the public very soon!  Hope you can hold out!

In the meantime, you should be able to avoid the problem by opening notes in their own tab, instead of as a parallel pane!

• Like 1

...Mr. Mansfield...

Mr. Marrs, feel free to call me Rick

• Like 1

Thanks Rick!  I'm embarrassed to say that I had forgotten what the "R" stood for  :P

Problem solved in version 12.2.8...
Thank you so much!

• Like 1