Book of Common Prayer + Daily Reading

jaredbeverly

Accordance gives users the option of setting the Book of Common Prayer (1979) module as the default devotional, which is great, but when I press the Daily Reading button in the toolbar, it gives the readings only for the Sundays of the Revised Common Lectionary. First of all, on a simply logical level, pressing the Daily Reading button should take the user to the appropriate readings for the Daily Office lectionary—just keeping it consistent with the "daily" aspect. But second, I suspect some users might want the option of choosing only the RCL Sunday readings.

So my feature request is at the very least to set the Daily Office readings as the actual default for the Daily Reading toolbar button, but perhaps the most helpful thing would be to provide an option for users to choose which lectionary the Daily Reading button will link them to. Thanks.

Accordance gives users the option of setting the Book of Common Prayer (1979) module as the default devotional, which is great, but when I press the Daily Reading button in the toolbar, it gives the readings only for the Sundays of the Revised Common Lectionary. First of all, on a simply logical level, pressing the Daily Reading button should take the user to the appropriate readings for the Daily Office lectionary—just keeping it consistent with the "daily" aspect. But second, I suspect some users might want the option of choosing only the RCL Sunday readings.

So my feature request is at the very least to set the Daily Office readings as the actual default for the Daily Reading toolbar button, but perhaps the most helpful thing would be to provide an option for users to choose which lectionary the Daily Reading button will link them to. Thanks.

We can look at splitting the Daily Office Lectionary into a separate module, which would sync with the Daily Reading feature. That would be the only option to have the choice between the two.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

We can look at splitting the Daily Office Lectionary into a separate module, which would sync with the Daily Reading feature. That would be the only option to have the choice between the two.

Thanks for the feedback.

That would be a great fix! Thanks.