Live Click BW Research

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Live Click uses a simple click to search for verse references in all texts—and words in all texts, lexicons, and Bible dictionaries. We added the feature in Accordance 12.2.7 at the request of former BW users, who missed a similar function in their old software. Now, with the release of Accordance 12.2.8, Live Click offers more features and even quicker searches.

Watch the podcast: http://www.accordanc....com/Live-Click

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 29 June 2018 - 05:58 PM.

• R. Mansfield, Julia Falling, Randy Cue and 1 other like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#2 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

You need to edit that link, it should be http://www.accordanc....com/Live-Click. :)

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

Done.

Thanks, Alistair!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thanks dr j as always.

I noticed that in the lexicons, there are duplicate entriesof the lexicon name. The halot indicates 2 hits which is a possible explanation but this isn’t listed for the bdag so i wondered if you knew why some lexicons are listed twice and others are not.

Couple of screen shots from your podcast to show what I’m on about.

Many thanks as always.

Attached Files

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,202 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

It seems as though Tim used Library Order sorting in his screenshots - this keeps all of the different field results together. So, since the word was found both as Entry and as Hebrew/aramaic Content in HALOT, it lists both on the left. In a different sort (such as Importance or Library (Entry)) they would probably be split on the list.
  • Julia Falling likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

Thanks Joel. It is certainly a powerful feature I need to play with more to understand what it is or can present to me and modify my workflows and workspaces accordingly.

More coffee!!!!

;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 30 June 2018 - 04:19 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#7 Solly

Solly

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Far too many for my own good! ;-)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

Fraser, I'll share my quart of morning coffee with you! Live Click has allowed me to bypass a few workspaces I had developed—their functions

may now be done with my main workspace.

For me, Live Click has been very useful. I was anticipating the Shift-Click option for Live Click and the developers delivered this much more quickly than I expected. Well done! 

Joseph

Joseph F Sollenberger, Jr

#8 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

Fraser, I'll share my quart of morning coffee with you! Live Click has allowed me to bypass a few workspaces I had developed—their functions may now be done with my main workspace.

Yes for me too, and if the MT-LXX features which I requested would be implemented then the MT-LXX Workspace is also more history.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#9 OSchrock

OSchrock

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

I'm loving Live Click!

I'm not sure how others are using it, but I've made a separate Live Click workspace that I leave open so that it immediately jumps to the foreground when I Live Click a word.

So simple, yet so useful!

Thank you!

Attached Files

• R. Mansfield, Timothy Jenney and Steve King like this

#10 Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Twitter:@theparkernathan
  • Interests:Bible software, photography, technology, Theology, weather

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:22 PM

I wanted to take a moment to say how much I've been enjoying Dr. J's podcasts lately. I've been in an intensive German course, so I've been a little behind in watching the podcasts, but I've been catching up recently. The podcasts have been downright excellent. I'm refreshing my mind on Accordance features I've forgotten about and need to use more, as well as they've directly improved how I'll study the Bible and my seminary studies (plus I've found a few more Accordance modules to purchase in the process). :-) These are an excellent source of training for Accordance users, and the fact that they're free is the icing on the cake (I'd pay for these if I could, and I may just have to treat Dr. J to lunch with a gift card sometime!). 

• R. Mansfield, Timothy Jenney and Julie Palmer like this

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

#11 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:10 AM

Thanks, Nathan!

• Nathan Parker likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Live Click, BW, Research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users