Popover design

ThomTarzan

Hi!

I would love to see the "popover" function for the library (Preference --> Workplace --> Always show the library as a popover) as a function for the "table of content" for the tools. The popover is very efficient in providing a nice and clean environment in the workplace.

Thanks, Thomas.    

• Like 2

Yes!

• Like 1

I like this idea as well in general. Menu real estate and "collapsing" menus was one of my initial questions when looking at Accordance. Accordance has a clean look and menus are bad but reclaiming screen space and keep the UI uncluttered but also keep features very close to the area being used is great for workflow but also one of the most difficult aspects of program design!

Two examples of modern UI that make good use of dynamic menus or columns is Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Office.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC uses thin vertical columns (appears less than 10 pixels) with arrows (< or >) to expand or collapse side columns (that have either menus or tools). When collapsed this gives a lot more reading space but also keeps the tools quickly accessible.

Microsoft Office offers a "Collapse the Ribbon" up arrow (^) on the upper right of the ribbon menu. This allows the menu to be collapsed. A nifty feature is it can auto-expand on hover, bypassing the need to click.

• Like 1