Concordia Publishing House

ThomTarzan

Hi, Accordance team.

I very much appreciate the product you have created. You are really talented at what you are doing - both with program itself and your customer support.

I've noticed that you don't have much (or any) books from the Concordia Publishing House. That's a loss since they provide a lot of good quality books. Especially I would wish for Concordia Commentary Series and the systematic theology works from Pieper (also the condensed version from Mueller would be nice!).

In general it would be good if you expanded the Lutheran section in your store. I know you have Luther's Works, Warwick, Schmidt and the Book of concord but there's a lot more valuable Lutheran reading out there.

Again thanks for providing Accordance software for us!

Thomas.   

Edited by ThomTarzan
  • Like 3

We’d love to carry Concordia titles. There’s a long history as to why we haven’t yet (I use that word because I hold out hope) that can be sought out by searching for “Concordia” here in the forums. I’m not certain where things currently stand.

• Like 2

Here are some Lutheran works provided from other publishers than Concordia publishing house you can evaluate whether interesting or not:

Martin Luther's Theology: A Contemporary Interpretation, by Oswald Bayer

Lutheran Theology, by Steven D. Paulson

Thomas.

I would also second the request, especially for the Concordia Commentary series.  

I'm new to Accordance, having come over from BibleWorks.  So far, I like the product a lot, although it does take some getting used to doing things in different ways (Popup for word processors, for example).  

Thanks for making good Biblical language software.

Alan

• Like 1

I am not a Lutheran but have been surprised by the quality and general helpfulness of the Concordia Commentary series. For example, I consulted the volume on 1 Corinthians as I taught through the book and found that the author was often able to offer a clearer understanding of some difficult passages than some of the mainstream evangelical authors. The author understandably took the Lutheran interpretation on some occasions over against the common evangelical one, but I did not find this particularly problematic. I just found the insights of the author very helpful on many occasions when some of the standard commentaries seemed a little muddled. Some of my former seminary colleagues have mentioned that they were pleased with some of the other volumes.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I love what the Accordance team has put together.  Thank you so much!

I'd also like to throw in a vote for the Concordia Commentary series.  Any specific way I can make a formal request or further the effort?

Post a new Module Request in here with the details I mentioned in my pinned post, and that'll make it super-easy for me to log it. Thanks for your interest!