Clipboard errors Mac/ microsoft word

paulnystedt

I like to use the command option a feature to grab a text from Accordance and paste into my sermon document in Microsoft word. It works fine if I type in the reference manually, but if I highlight the reference, and then use the command keys, the box pops up with the reference populated, and then when I click "insert into Microsoft word" it does nothing. I have to reboot accordance and type in the reference manually to get it to work again. 

Thanks for addressing this!

-Paul

Paul, three questions:

1. What version is your MacOS, and Accordance?

2. Can you post an example of a specific reference that is not working?

3. On my Mac, running High Sierra, Accordance is not permitted by the operating system to retrieve selected text from another app unless it has a check next to in System Preferences->Security and Privacy->Privacy->Accessibility.  Can you confirm that Accordance is on this list, and that it has a check next to it?

Hi Silas, 

1. 10.12.6

2. John 6:44 didn't work. I took a picture, but am having trouble attaching it to this message. I could send it via email as well. It looks the same as it would normally, but when I click "insert" I get an error sound and nothing happens. 

It does work if I manually type it in, but when I highlight first and let it auto-populate it does not work, and I have to restart accordance to get either way to work. 

3. Yes, it's checked. 

Thanks!

Yeah, posting pictures is a bit unintuitive on here.  You have to click the "More Reply Options" next to the "Post" button.  On that page, click "Choose File" then "Attach This File" then "Add to Post".

What version of Accordance are you running?