Reference List Question

Clint Cozier

Can I mix sources in a reference list. I'm trying to capture the background passages to Genesis 6 / Jude 5 on the Sons of God and daughters of men. I notice that I can add (for example) Gen 6:1-5 from the NRSV, but when I add something like Philo's On the Giants 6, all the other references become jibberish and have to toggle the Text Order to a bible to get Genesis 6 back. I'd like a place to throw this kind of collection, but is it really a Stack and not a Reference List?

It seems you can but it could be confusing. I can repro. the slightly confusing result with the GNT and ESVS. The OT refs are not visible unless I use ESVS text order. Makes sense as the GNT doesn't know the OT verses. I would expect the same with Philo and others. It does sound more like a Stack to me. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut to create a new stack item from the reference hits though. But you can add a new user item and paste them in.

Thx

D

A Stack is definitely the way to go. Cmd-Opt-K works just fine for me from the Reference List tab as well.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that you could go via the ref list to the stack item like this. That makes is easier.

Thx
D