MT LXX Parallel - location of passage when showing Analytics

Drew_A

Just trying out the MT LXX Parallel (which is amazing -thank you Accordance!)

Hopefully this is possible but it does not look like it ... I want to be able to click on the results of the analytics and find the word in the other language - Greek search - Hebrew results - locate the passages by clicking Hebrew inflected form. Or vice-versa. 

For instance, in BHS I did a search for .שָׁמַיִם ...

1. Analytics options set to LEX, MLXX Lex and MTLXX Word to show in my display and sort.

2. It shows the Hebrew form then proceeds to give me the Greek Lex and Greek inflected forms.

I would like to see where these inflected forms are in the LXX but when I click the form an error message says:

"The language of the text is not used in "BHS-T"

Is there a way to see or identify the passages easily? I want to be able to quickly locate where oddities are found.

As a side note, for some reason it has tagged for שָׁמַיִם

ὁ Οἶκος ὁ προΐστημι αὐτός = 1 (lex)
                                Τόν Οἶκον Τοῦ αὑτοῦ = 1 (inflected)

I cannot locate this in the MT LXX Module itself or looking at the LXX. This must be an error but I cannot tell where the bug would be - LXX, MT, MT LXX Database?

Thanks!

Drew

post-30759-0-39568000-1531201610_thumb.png

post-30759-0-66606000-1531201620_thumb.png

• Like 1

The Interlinear and Analytics features are based on computer algorithms, and there will inevitably be some errors. The most accurate results will be found by opening the module itself and searching the tool using the MERGE command. The is documentation for this in the Help files, and a demonstration in this podcast.

Thanks Helen. Yes I have used [Merge] in the main module. (see the screen shot)

My main question has to do with the analytics results. Is there a way to see where the results are coming from? It does not look like it and wanted to confirm.

• Like 1

Yes Fabian... I think so.

In that example screen shot, if one clicked on ἄγγελος then an LXX text would show the two verses (or instances).

Thanks for the feature request -fully formed! (as well as confirming that it is not currently possible)

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging this out. Is the requested feauture now possible in with the new Accordance? 

Unfortunately not. But in the meantime the new [TEXT ] command can be a help.

There are a variety of ways to accomplish the OP's search, just not (yet) the immediate, automatic generation of that result.  The fastest method right now would be to copy/paste the word into the MT-LXX tool or a TEXT search.

• Like 1

There are a variety of ways to accomplish the OP's search, just not (yet) the immediate, automatic generation of that result.  The fastest method right now would be to copy/paste the word into the MT-LXX tool or a TEXT search.

The weak point of this would be if Hebrew X lemma matches 20 times a Greek Y lemma but not all Greek Y lemma matches the X Hebrew, there might be 100 Y and only 20 of them matches X. In this case it would be necessary to go through all 100?

You can simply copy and paste both forms together in a TEXT search, or into separate fields of the MT-LXX tool.  Either do something like (in Hebrew):

X lemma@[LXX1 Y lemma]

or in MT-LXX:

[Hebrew] X lemma

[Greek] Y lemma

It's not automatic, but it can still be done in

• Like 1

You can simply copy and paste both forms together in a TEXT search, or into separate fields of the MT-LXX tool.  Either do something like (in Hebrew):

X lemma@[LXX1 Y lemma]

or in MT-LXX:

[Hebrew] X lemma

[Greek] Y lemma

It's not automatic, but it can still be done in <5 seconds.

Got it! יישר כוח