Reference Lists

jarcher

I’m wondering if it is possible for a saved reference list to somehow be distinguished from a normal workspace, as Papers and Stacks are?

Moreover, it would be great to have some way to distinguish them in the Library as well.

I save a lot of reference lists based off subject matter.

• Like 1

I think that for now it might be down to a name convention - like ...._ref or Ref... and then a custom library group. I think it's basically a save tab. I've sort of wondered about the possibility of loading a saved tab into a new workspace at times but it's a rare need but might be helpful here too.

Thx

D

Yeah, I use a naming convention at the moment to deal with this.

Bumping this because.... well...I really would like to see this. 

But.. I also think this is a really under-appreciated feature that most Accordance users don't know about or don't use because it isn't intuitive.

Right now Reference Lists are primarily used to search against. However... reference lists can also be used for for saving references related to a specific topic for later searching too.

For example, I have a Reference List that includes all references related to the Kingdom of God. This is really helpful when I'm teaching since it allows me to quickly pull up that list and review it.

I think this really could be marketed as a feature, I think.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that a space for named reference lists like papers and stacks would be beneficial.  It could work much like "passage lists" in another program, but held under a documents space.  From here, you could access papers, stacks, reference lists, user files, etc. under the respective headings.  This way, when a user of the "other software" looks at Accordance, it would be more intuitive to switch over.  As it is, I don't use reference lists because I keep forgetting about it. Thanks for the suggestion that also served as a reminder.