Holman Bible Atlas

jryan

I have the Holman Bible Atlas in print but would love to have a digital version in Accordance. Its the best atlas I've come across for maps and locations of Biblical sites, battles, journeys, etc. The Holman Bible Atlas is currently being offered in Logos ( https://www.logos.com/product/7301/holman-bible-atlas-a-complete-guide-to-the-expansive-geography-of-biblical-history) and I hope Accordance will soon follow suit. More and more I'm reading the Bible on my iPhone or laptop on the go and can't bring my atlas with me for Bible study. It would be so great to have it in my Accordance library to see where Joseph's brothers were shepherding and where the Gibeonite/Ishmaelite traders came from on their way to Egypt when Joseph was sold into slavery.

• Like 3

+1

please also see this thread.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19039-holman-bible-atlas-by-thomas-brisco

I would love to have it as well. I still use my hard copy in preference to anything i have in accordance when studying at home (the esv study bible is what i use in accordance, particularly on my ios devices).

I certainly haven't come across anything that comes near to Brisco and i keep looking!

Edited by ukfraser

I've looked at most every recent Bible atlas, and imo, the Crossway ESV Bible Atlas was the best was for my purposes. I've shared it as a module request for Accordance. (BibleWorks did include both a full and complete version.)

If you want to see my reasons, check here. If you just want to see my notes summarizing aspects of 15 of the most popular ones, check HERE.

(DIsclosure: I'm co-authoring a Bible atlas with Fortress Press that will be published late this year or early 2019, but it's more of a handbook.)

Thanks, having done a comparison, the vast majority of the maps in the crossways atlas are already availble in the esv study bible so you can get them at a bargain (minus the text).

If the next version of the carta bible atlas is released in colour, i would be tempted. But i certainly wouldnt get the crossways one as it doesnt add anything.

imo, the quality of the Holman maps are still superior in cartography, layout, text, reference and clarity to anything else thats out there currently and i would get it in an instant if (and i accept its a big if) it were available in accordance.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

imo, the quality of the Holman maps are still superior in cartography, layout, text, reference and clarity to anything else thats out there currently and i would get it in an instant if (and i accept its a big if) it were available in accordance.

I agree. The maps in the Holman atlas are the best-looking ones I’ve ever seen. At one time, we were looking into getting this for Accordance. I’ll try to find out where things stand.

• Like 2

I agree. The maps in the Holman atlas are the best-looking ones I’ve ever seen. At one time, we were looking into getting this for Accordance. I’ll try to find out where things stand.

Many thanks, i set my expectations to zero when you published the satelite one!

;o)

imo, the Crossway ESV Bible Atlas was the best was for my purposes.

(DIsclosure: I'm co-authoring a Bible atlas with Fortress Press that will be published late this year or early 2019, but it's more of a handbook.)

I hope it goes well but my (unbiased) suggestion is you may want to get Cartographer Nick Rowland FRGS to work with you. He is good and has worked on a couple of other fortress publications (the european reformation atlas available in accordance and the other one by tim Dowley on atlas of christian history which i am mega pleased is apparently in the accordance pipeline though i have noticed a major omission in the reformation one on page 142).

;o)

But for me, an atlas is always about the maps first and text is a nice to have.

Edited by ukfraser

• 1 month later...

The Holman Bible Atlas is now available for Accordance. Only $14.90 through Monday!

Crossgrade pricing from other Bible software platforms is available for only $5.50!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.

• 7 months later...

...the other one by tim Dowley on atlas of christian history which i am mega pleased is apparently in the accordance pipeline...

Great news! The Atlas of Christian History, mentioned above, is now available for Accordance!