How to search

ThomTarzan

Hi!

I'm trying to do a specific search in a Greek lexicon (see the picture below for a fast understanding of my problem). I want to search both a Greek entry AND English content within this entry. But no matter what i fill into the 'English content' Accordance can't find anything - even content I know is within the entry.

In this case I'm trying to learn about the verb ποιέω when it has the genitive as object (see picture). 

post-34889-0-85446400-1532080201_thumb.png

Hi Thom, can you tell us what version of Accordance and what version of TDNT you are using? It seems to work for me. I get 28 hits.

post-29509-0-46166800-1532081715_thumb.jpg

Actually, I think I see the issue. Up near the search bar, just to the right of the magnifying glass a the right hand end of the search bar is something that looks like a stack of pancakes.

post-29509-0-45087000-1532082198_thumb.jpg

Yours looks like a regular "fully justified" stack of pancakes (sorry to mix the metaphors).

This means that the search only works within the same paragraph.

If you click on this it should change to look like a "right justified' stack of pancakes. This changes it to search within articles.

If you then repeat your search, you should get some results.

Let us know how you go.

Addn: The little magnifying class immediately to the stack of pancakes' left toggles between a flex and exact search.

Edited by Ken Simpson

I use the newest version of everything.

I saw from your picture you had some different options to the far right of you search tab. I adjusted similarly and it works, thanks (see picture Acc 7).

While I have your attention may I ask a related question? I think it goes well under this thread.

As you probably know the BDAG list a lot of examples of how a verb functions in the biblical texts. Often there is a short frase in Greek showing witch nouns the verb has as subject, objekt etc. (see picture Acc 1).

Is it possible to an advanced search that searches for a specific 'tag' within a Greek entry? say I want to search ποιέω and every greek word within this entry witch is a noun, singular, genitive?

Hope you understand what I mean!

Thomas.

post-34889-0-38380200-1532082328_thumb.png

post-34889-0-15220200-1532082978_thumb.png

The tools do not have grammatical tags on the original words, so if you mean to search a BDAG entry in this way, it's not possible. Of course you can search the texts for specific words and specific tags, whether on the same word or in the same phrase, verse, or sentence.

• Like 1