two errors?

ThomTarzan

I'm trying to study how the genitiv is used as a direct object. To the right in the picture below you can see my construct setup.

Both instances Accordance provides (although there should be many many more... ) has an error.

The blue circle in the picture shows how an improper preposition gets by my construct search which is specified not to include prepositions.

The red circle shows that a genitiv is not recognized although that genitiv is exactly what I try to find.

On top of this there should be listed a numerous more matches from my search...

I dont know - is this bugs or is it me not not using the module right?      

post-34889-0-70334100-1532180656_thumb.png

Hi Thom

Add ImproperPreposition to your negation and you'll exclude the first. They are distinct classifications in Acc.

The reason αλληλων is not highlighted in the second case is because you have specified the LEX νομος, and you would need to add a PRONOUN (gen) element in the second column as well.

Something like this would handle both those cases:

post-32023-0-69974300-1532184628_thumb.jpg

Thx

D

• Like 1

The other thing to see is that the hits on the "other" verbs in Jn 4:11 are correct. They do have the genitive of nomos after them. To find just the verb with the genitive of nomos immediately after, put a within 2 words condition, or something like that over the top.

However, you seem to say you want any genitive - each column means that the criteria within the column are <AND>ed. So, you search as constructed is only looking for genitive Nomos.

if you want any genitive, just remove the nomos. Why is it there? Plus, I assume you probably want adjectival or participial genitives because they can follow a verb taking the genitive. So I would drop the NOUN genitive and place the ANY genitive instead.

post-29509-0-92562300-1532323609_thumb.jpg

And you probably want to make it a finite verb, not a participle or infinitive - so try this,

post-29509-0-95215000-1532323926_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1