Question on Range of Hits Graph

Eric J. Tully

In some of the Accordance Help/documentation there are examples in which the Hits Graph only shows a particular range (e.g. Genesis 1-50).  I also thought someone said in a podcast video that the hits graph would match the range of the search.

However, when I limit the range of a search to Genesis, and then conduct the search, the graph still has the scope of the entire OT.  Genesis, all the way to the left, shows hits, but the rest of the books are blank.

I wish that the graph would automatically "zoom in" to a particular range rather than having to hit the magnifying glass and then click the left or right button to get it to a certain range.

Am I missing something here?  Is there a way to set the range in the hits graph automatically?

Thanks,

Eric

There are two ways to limit a search, both shown below with resulting hits graphs. I think the method you want is to click on the plus sign next to the search box and limit the range that way rather than using the Range command.

Hope this helps.

post-1391-0-28353400-1532262065_thumb.png

post-1391-0-63185400-1532262075_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thank you!  I didn't realize that the graph treated the range in the search box differently than the Range command.