Can you search the research function for multiple terms?

David Foster

I'm trying to do some research on the Babylonian Exile but have discovered that a lot of the resources list in under different headings (e.g. Babylonian Exile, The Exile, Babylonian Captivity etc.). 

Is there a way I can type more than one search term in to the research bar or do I have to do one at a time. 

Thanks kindly! 

Yes, the regular search commands such as , etc. work in Research. 

Thanks Rick, 

I searched using  Exile <or> "Babylonian captivity"

It brought up a lot of articles but the interesting thing is that for Eerdmans, for example, it didn't bring up the Entry for Exile (which of course exists), only the English Content. So, I had to scroll all of the way down to E-Exile to find it. However, if I just search for Exile, it does list the Entry

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks again!

No idea; same thing happens for me :-)

I can tell you that you don’t need the quotation marks if you’re specifically looking for the phrase Babylonian captivity as a possibility. 

Perhaps someone who knows why the title entry for Exile doesn’t show up in the results will chime in.

I've contacted our developers about this. Turns out that Accordance only displays hits if BOTH “Exile” and “Babylonian Captivity” are found in the entry field. If only one is found, Accordance only displays the hits in the contents field. I'm assuming it's a bug rather than a feature. :-) I'll let you know.

From our developers:

I believe you need to use a comma list to filter terms that can optionally be there in a Research:

(Exile, Babylonian Captivity)

Curiously, if I do this :

(Exile, "Babylonian captivity")

I get no hits.

If I do either Exile or "Babylonian captivity" on its own I get hits.

If I do 

(Exile, Babylonian captivity)

I get hits.

I cannot easily tell if the first and third queries produce the same hits as there is no table of stats and I don't see a total hits option.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Don't forget, the <WITHIN ? words> command also works in Research.

Also the others <PRECEDED BY>, <FOLLOWED BY>, <FUZZY ?>, ...

Use the shortcut-keys to type it.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian