• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Foster

David Foster

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Arabic/Quranic Studies, Biblical Languages, Middle Eastern Christianity
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

I was wondering if someone could help me how to use Accordance to find all the books of the Bible that deal with the Babylonian Exile. 

Up until now, I've just been researching the topic and then trying to find all the books that speak of the Exile. But, I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to find out the exact books that deal with the 70 year period. 

Given how amazing Accordance is, I feel like I'm missing something! 

Thanks! 

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

Good question!

I can think of two possibilities. First, you could go to a good Bible dictionary and read the article on "Exile," looking for the books from which the verse references are taken.

Second, you could go to the Accordance timeline for the period and see which books were written around that time. Click in the dates at the top and a list of events appears; scroll down to find the books for that time period (see screenshot).

Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.29.59 AM.png   236.71KB   0 downloads

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#3 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,289 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; exploring in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

A couple of other ideas, too. 

Search the Accordance Outlines (both headings and subheadings) for exile* (the asterisk is a wildcard). The links in the previous sentence contain the searches.

Tim has a great idea about a good Bible dictionary. A real hidden gem that comes with every Starter 12 Collection and higher is the Eerdmans Dictionary. Check out the scripture references in the article on the Exile

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Babylonian Exile, Research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users