How do I uninstall Accordance Completely on Mac?

JoshuaB

Hello,

I have just received my first MBP. I am moving away from windows finally. I installed Accordance through the App Store and logged in with my Account. I started the easy install process but I think my Mac fell asleep and it gave an error. I let it install the files it already downloaded and then continued the rest.

I just have one issue some files will not install. I will download them and then it prompts to install. It seems like they are installing but then it refreshes and they are still there available for install.

I tried deleting the accordance App and then installing it again from the App Store but all the files from before are still there. It still prompts me to install those same missing files. I would like to know how I can completely uninstall Accordance to do a reinstall. I am hoping this will fix my issue. 

I would use AppDelete,

http://www.reggieashworth.com/appdelete

"The Trial will give you about 5 uses and a chance to explore a bit."

There are similar free programs available if you search about

When you launch it you get a window with an arrow inside.

In the Finder, drag the Accordance program and drop it on the window

It will automatically find all (hopefully) of the associated files.

Click on Delete.

There is no Undo, but the files will be moved to the Trash.

Edited by Alistair
  • Like 1

Our tech support will be happy to help you, Joshua. There is rarely a need to completely uninstall.

• Like 2

@Alistar - Thank you for informing me of the program. It did help me uninstall everything. I did re-install everything but I came across the same issue. I contacted support like Helen Brown recommended and my problem was fixed.

@Helen Brown - Thank you for recommending I contact support. The issue was quickly resolved. I had installed Accordance from the Apple App Store. It does not install some of the graphic modules. I had to uninstall and install Accordance from the Accordance website. Everything is working correctly now. :)

Edited by JoshuaB
  • Like 2

As the doors on the Heart of Gold would say, glad to be of service.

• Like 1

By the way, while I know the Mac App Store can be appealing for convenience, I do prefer to install Accordance directly from the Accordance website. Updates are faster since Accordance can directly deliver them to customers without waiting on Apple.

• Like 1

I supposed the Mac App store is somewhat convenient, but I don't view it as the primary benefit. I would argue that the primary benefit security of your laptop and data.  When your Mac is configured to only allow software signed by apple (which is how it works for all apps on an iPhone), then you have fairly strong protection against viruses or any other software that tries to sneak itself onto your computer.

Secondly, software that goes through the iOS or Mac app stores is for the most part guaranteed not to be poking around in your operating system (calling code inside your computer that Apple thinks shouldn't be called). This too gives you some protection against sneaky viruses, but does limit the ability of legitimate software packages doing sneaky tricks that make the software run better  

• Like 2