#1 jryan

jryan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:44 AM

As a Pastor of a Messianic Jewish congregation heavily invested in reaching and discipling Jewish people for Jesus, I can say that the Tree of Life Bible is the #1 Bible being used in congregations throughout the country. I hope soon to see a digital version of this Bible offered in Accordance, as it is already in Logos.

https://www.logos.co...of-life-version

• R. Mansfield and Fabian like this

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Accordance Version:3.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:24 AM

Been requested and On its way

https://www.accordan...ible-messianic/

;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 01 August 2018 - 06:25 AM.

• R. Mansfield and Fabian like this

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on 1st gen iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 13x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:44 AM

Having been following the thread on who's affraid of greek and hebrew and being interested in and actually reading the translators notes in the front of my various printed bible translations, i thought this article interesting. There are links to other articles about the translation philosophy from this page.

Personally, i am looking forward to getting this in accordance (especially if it has the additional notes).

https://www.tlvbible...rew-terminology

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on 1st gen iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 13x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,960 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

The Tree of Life Version is now available in Accordance. See today’s blog post for more information. 

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for this. As i cant post images in announcements, is there a way of checking the italics in the text with the glossary in the notes on ios?

Attached Files

• Fabian likes this

Fraser Sims

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,960 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for this. As i cant post images in announcements, is there a way of checking the italics in the text with the glossary in the notes on ios?

Fraser, I apologize for not answering your question in a timely manner. To answer your question, no, there isn’t. But that would be a good feature to suggest!

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

Thanks rick as always. (I know you are busy and have loads on and i had already bought it before the sale ended which is my usual time constraint!!!!)

Feature request raised.

;o)

Fraser Sims

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bibles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users