Windows Hardware Requirements

lesterchua

Hi,

As much as I like Accordance on iOS, the lack of the Research function hampers my usage of the app.

I'm considering getting a Windows Tablet for running Accordance. What is the minimal RAM and CPU that I should be looking for when running Accordance on Windows on the tablet. I'm planning for a Windows 10 tablet.

Edited by lesterchua

Hi,

My very minimal Windows tablet (lenovo Window 10 Home 1.33 GHz) has 2GB of ram and 57 BG of drive space. 

It runs Accordance perfectly fine, but if I had to do it again, I'd get a faster machine - just as a preference - not required to run Accordance.

Thanks! That’s what I need to know.

Quck clarification. Can the CPU be an Atom?

Edited by lesterchua

Hi Lester,

I ran Acc on a W10 tablet, 2 GB RAM, Atom 2760, and Acc worked well for reading with a lexicon, and construct searches.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks for the replies!

I havent used windows 10 but when i had windows 7, assuming you will use your new toy for other applications, i found ram had the most effect on office etc. I have just had a look at their site and found this:

Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

My advice is get as much memory you can afford not less than 4 and preferably up to 8. Most windows surface pro come with 8.

Edited by ukfraser

@ukfraser, thanks for the tip regarding RAM. Yes I’m considering more RAM but it dramatically brings the price up. I have not purchased the machine yet but is still on the lookout for a good deal.

Another issue is the heat. The fullblown tablets generate a lot of heat so the scenario where I read on a couch or bed may be impacted.

I was reading tech radar surface go. Looks interesting,

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/microsoft-surface-go

Nothing about heat. And weight would make me consider. The one thing i havent found yet is if you can type on the screen with a finger. External keyboard seems to remove tabletness.

And the galaxy book also looks light

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-galaxy-book

I really like the lightness of the ipad pro 9.7/10.2".

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

I was considering the iPad Pro (my very old ones are getting too slow) a while ago. I use a Macbook Pro for work and have an iPhone, so it would seem like a no brainer to just upgrade.

But the amazing Accordance software persuaded that my next tablet must be capable of running it full featured. Which is why a I am considering a Windows Tablet. 

The Surface Go looks like a winner. I'll probably get a new iPad for my daughter and the Surface Go for myself. 

But I have to agree, the iPad Pro is a very nice tablet. It's just that iOS is extremely limiting as a OS.